21 things I learned by 21

21 things I learned by 21

Just some things I learned

8065
21 things I learned by 21

1. You probably won't marry your high school sweetheart or your first love.

When your young and in love it seems like you have it all figured out and that you know what is best for you and your life. Sometimes plans simply change. It is a very simple process so don't make it more difficult than it needs to be. Life goes on. Looking back it will always hurt a little but wishing that person the best is a beautiful thing and it will set you free.

2. It's just a job

My first real job wasn't until college but I started working there as a freshman and still work there after 2.5 years so it became something I was very attached to. I learned that most people won't care about the place like you do and they really are just there for money so it's better to have a similar so it hurts a little less when it's over and plans change.

3. Be careful who you trust

I learned that being an open book and showing people who you are right off the bat unfortunately has consequences. Some people love to learn about you so they can twist the truth and use it for gossip. I agree. It is sick.

4. Never stop being who you are

When times get tough and you feel as if no one understands and the world is against you, just do not give in. Still be sweet even when everyone is bitter. It will eventually get better.

5. Try new things

Party, stay out late, meet new people, and take chances. Don't let it get to you if people say ''wow you go out so much'' HELL YEAH I do!!! I am discovering myself and making memories. It's ok to enjoy the party scene and it's ok to have nights you don't remember. If that is your choice and your'e being safe and responsible WHY NOT. Do it while you can.

6. Most people are replaceable

Sometimes when you lose someone close it feels like you will never be able to find anyone else as better but there are so many people in this world and while it sucks in the moment, don't be afraid to put yourself out there because you will find your people.

7. Forgive people who aren't sorry

Probably the hardest thing you'll ever do..but do it. It's for your own sanity.

8. Closure barely happens

When it comes to guys you won't figure out what went wrong. They suck at telling you why they are dropping you. They usually just do it and it comes out of nowhere. It's the worst. But staying true to who you are through the whole experience will keep you sane.

9. You might actually be the bad guy in someone else's story.

Hard pill to swallow but you could've actually been the one who messed up. Confess.

10. Reflect on your own actions.

No one ever wants to do this but it will save a lot of animosity

11. Tell your loved ones how much you love them.

Yes after every phone call. You just never ever know.

12. If you don't like something about yourself, change it.

Looks or personality...you can improve things about yourself. If you don't like your brown hair dye it blonde. It's ok to change.

13. It's just a boy.

It's literally just a dude, I promise. There are other guys out there who are just as cute and can make you laugh just as much.

14. You probably won't marry your second love either.

Just happens. It really just happens. Oh well.

15. College guys don't want to date.

Unless they seem like they want to pursue you and actually take you out on a date instead of inviting you over at 9PM then assume that it won't go any further. It's ok to play the game back. It really is. Promise most of them won't take it to heart.

16. Guard your heart.

Just guard your heart so hard..

17. Mental health is so important.

If your mind isn't right then nothing will be. It's ok to seek help.

18. It's just money.

You could die tomorrow. Just buy your favorite conditioner over the cheap one. Money is material and meant to be spent. Obviously be responsible though.

19. It's ok to cut people out of your life.

If you want them gone cause they suck don't feel bad.

20. Don't be afraid to be honest about your beliefs.

Believing in God isn't a ''cool'' thing to do anymore but it's ok if you do.

21. Love yourself.

Please. The relationship you have with yourself will set the tone for most of your relationships. You are a beautiful person. Don't compare. Just because a girl is beautiful doesn't mean you aren't or that you are less of someone.