21 Things Every Freshman In College Forget at Home

You know you forgot something.

15
University of Mount Union

It happens. I forgot a ton of stuff don't worry. Hopefully you don't live too far from home and can go home and get that stuff. If not, you probably are going to have to go to the store and pick it up.

1. A Load of Laundry In the Dryer.

When you actually attempt to do laundry, but forget it of course. Everyone forgot a load of laundry in the dryer. You were packing last minute things, and realized you needed some clothes washed. Then, tomorrow rolled around, the adrenaline was rushing for move in day, and you forgot your load in the laundry.

2. Hangers

Although this may not seem like a biggie, but it really is. If you don't have enough hangers or any hangers at all you will have to shove all your clothes in the small four drawer dressers. No one wants to do that.

3. Feminine Products

This is a girl thing so guys won't understand, but we all forget them. Even when we are expecting it, for some reason we forget. So go out and stock up so you can't forget anymore

4. Push Pins

These are a important. Whether it's to decorate your room with pictures or to hang up a schedule: everyone needs push pins. They can keep you organized and neat.

5. A Fan

For all of you without air conditioning may struggle with this. The freshman that had to suffer with no air understand how valuable a fan is. If you forgot one or need one, I suggest you go out and buy one ASAP.

6. Power Strip

Power strips are very important when you have a lot of electronics. Usually you need one for the entertainment system and then one for yourself. If you want everything hooked up I suggest you get one real quick

7. Trash Bags

Some colleges provide them and some don't. You better figure out which before you move in or you will be out of luck. Oh, and make sure you get the right size. Don't get huge ones for a small trash can: that just doesn't make any sense.

8. Food

Whether you thought you needed it or not, you do. Especially if your dining hall is all the way on the other end of campus.

9. Extra Seating

You will understand this as soon as you start making friends. No one wants to sit on the uncomfortable ground, so make sure to go get some seating. Whether it's a beanbag, futon, or just a regular chair, your friends will appreciate it.

10. Childhood Keepsake

You probably told your mom that you didn't need it, so you told her to leave it at home. Well, you really did need it and now your mom has to come back and bring it. Don't "forget" it, bring it.

11. Office Supplies

You are so used to having everything you could possibly need at home: stapler, scissors, tape, and a three hole punch. Well, it's time for you to go out and get your own because you aren't at home anymore.

12. A Toothbrush

A toothbrush is critical and is often forgotten because of how small it is. If you forgot one, please do us all a favor and go out and get one. No one wants to smell your morning breath.

13. First Aid Kit

Like earlier, you are just used to having this in your house. It is a very common thing to forget. Just remember when you knick yourself shaving or get a paper cut how much you are going to need this.

14. Extension Cords

No one ever knows if you are going to need these, but it's always good to be prepared even if you don't think you will need them. Whether it's for your phone charger to reach your bed or the TV cord to reach the outlet, some way or another you forgot an important one.

15. A Weekend Bag

Whether you want to go home or not a weekend bag is needed. I know it's weird to have to pack to go home, but you have to put your clothes somewhere.

16. Hair Products

Girls all know the struggle of forgetting hair products. Whether it was bobby pins or a hair dryer, you better call mom up to bring you some.

17. Command Strips

These are necessity if you ever want anything hung up. But, they can be questionable because sometimes they don't come off the wall as nicely as they say. Still, they are very useful.

18. Wrinkle Release Spray

I never really knew that I needed this until today. I picked up a shirt I had shoved in the drawer and wanted to wear it, but it was really wrinkly. Don't forget wrinkle release spray unless you want to pull out the trusty old iron.

19. Batteries

Even when they package says "batteries not included" we all know we forget to pack batteries. Then, when your flashlight suddenly goes out you realize that you have no batteries and might be stranded in the dark.

20. Rain Gear

For those rainy unexpected days, always be prepared. Bring a rain jacket, an umbrella, and some rain boots. It would be better to have rain gear than get everything soaked. Then, you would have bigger problems than just no rain gear.

21. A Lanyard

Do you really want to be that freshman that loses their key and gets locked out? No, put your key and ID on a lanyard no matter what the upperclassmen say.