21 Things I Experienced Before Turning 21

21 Things I Experienced Before I Turned 21

Fun, fun, 21!!!

794
https://www.pexels.com/photo/lighted-candles-on-cupcakes-40183/

In honor of turning 21 on January 4th, I decided to compile a list of things I've done before I turned 21. It made me reflect on life and cherish all the amazing memories I've made so far.

1. Traveled out of the country.

I first went out of the country when I was only in fourth grade. I went to the Philippines to visit my family there. It was absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to go again.

2. Adopted a dog.

Personal Image

I adopted my first dog when I was 15. Her name was Gigi and was a beagle/basset hound mix. Unfortunately, she died within a few months because she got hit by a car. RIP Gigi.

3. Got my second dog.

Personal Image

I got my second dog, Coco, shortly after Gigi died. Coco is still going strong after 6.5 years!

4. Went on the Mayon Volcano in the Philippines.

c1.staticflickr.com

While I was in the Philippines, I went on the Mayon Volcano. For those who don't know, the Mayon Volcano is still active. When I was there, it erupted just a month before.

5. Hit a deer with my Dad's car.

This occurred when I was picking up my parents from the airport. I wasn't even 20 minutes from the house when a deer ran right in front of me. Luckily, I was able to drive back home to get another ride.

6. Saw how Tillamook cheese was made.

upload.wikimedia.org

When I went to Tillamook Oregon, I saw how Tillamook cheese and ice cream was made. I loved this experience because I was with my family from Oregon who I don't get to see a lot.

7. Asked my boss for a raise and got it.

This is one of the most rewarding experiences I have had. Asking for a raise was definitely nerve wrecking but I ended up getting the raise.

8. Learned how to ride a motorcycle and obtained my license.

Personal Image

Learning to ride a motorcycle was one of the funnest things I've done. Being able to buy my own bike and get my license all in the same year was a huge accomplishment for me.

9. Got 6 tattoos.

Personal Image

I got my first tattoo when I was 18. It was an outline of a heart and it was smaller than an inch. I now have a total of 6 tattoos and 4 of them are on my left arm.

10. Got over 20 piercings.

Personal Image

I love piercings. I got my ears pierced when I was 6 months old and I blame that on my piercing addiction. I've had about 20 holes poked through me and most of them are still there.

11. Fell in love.

Personal Image

I fell in love when I was young. Lucky for me, I'm still with that same person.

14. Never got in trouble with the law (Thank God).

Made it to 21 with no underages! Woo! How many of y'all can say that?

13. Interned for a government contractor.

I intern for a government contractor. They took me in when I was only a Freshman and turned me into the business woman I am today.

12. Experienced a UFC Fight in Brooklyn, NY.

Personal Image

I saw UFC 223 with my boyfriend in Brooklyn. We stayed there for the weekend, saw the fight, and explored the city.

15. Got diagnosed with depression.

I got diagnosed with depression when I was about 12 years old. I was put on medication and was in and out of therapy for a really long time. Happy to say I have been off medication for over a year now.

17. Sang the Filipino and American National Anthem in front of over 100 people.

When I was younger, I loved to sing. I took singing and piano lessons throughout grade school. For a Filipino-American Christmas party I volunteered to sing the Filipino and American National Anthems. It was super nerve wrecking but it felt so accomplishing.

16. Lost my Grandparents.

Personal Image

I lost my Grandparents at a very young age. They lived far away so I didn't get to see them often. Although, I didn't get to spend a lot of time with them, the memories I do have are wonderful.

18. Went to many concerts.

I've been to a good amount of concerts in my time. I've seen Avenged Sevenfold, Alice in Chains, The Offspring, Ghost, Slayer, and so many other bands.

19. Visited 17 states.

upload.wikimedia.org

I have visited 17 out of 50 states. One day I'll make it to all 50!

20. Became an Auntie.

Personal Image

I became an Auntie when I was only 3 years old. I now have 7 nieces and nephews and they're amazing!

21. Learned to live a healthier lifestyle.

Personal Image

The most valuable thing I learned throughout the years was to live a healthy lifestyle. About 2 years ago, I started going to the gym. Now, I still go to the gym, do yoga, and eat healthy. I know this will help me in the long run.

The past 21 years have been amazing. I have learned so much throughout the years. I am thankful for all the experiences and opportunities I have been given. Happy Birthday to me!