21 Disney Quotes That Will Inspire You

21 Disney Quotes That Will Inspire You

Take life advice from our favorite childhood movies.

2869
21 Disney Quotes That Will Inspire You
Anthony Tartaglia

If you're like me, then Disney has to be your all-time favorite movie genre. But with the obsession comes real-life advice from these cartoon characters that seem to become more human as the movie goes on. We learn in these movies that sometimes in the perspective of a being a kid once again, we are inspired to believe in not only our dreams but ourselves as well. Here are some of my favorites.

1. Remember Who You Are

In this infamous scene from "The Lion King," the ghost of Simba's fathe Mufasa appears to give him advice when Simba is struggling with whether or not he should return home to the Pride Lands and take his righteous place as king. This quote teaches us to never forget where you came from, no matter what you have gone through.

2. When life gets you down you know what you've gotta do? Just keep swimming.

Dory from the film "Finding Nemo" is not taken so seriously due to her comical and airhead-like ways. But other than her moments of constant confusion, she has moments of brilliance. Dory teaches us that no matter what happens in life, you just have to keep moving forward.

3. Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.

Grandmother Willow from "Pocahontas" gives the lead heroine, Pocahontas advice of whether or not she should follow her heart, even if it goes against her father's wishes. Grandmother Willow's inspirational quote teaches us that not everything in life is going to be easy, but those are the times you must make decisions on your own to live the life you want to live.

4. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Christopher Robin from "The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" gives his best friend, Pooh, the advice that no matter how you appear to someone, including yourself or what you may believe about yourself, there's always greatness instilled upon you.

5. Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind.

Stitch from "Lilo and Stitch" learns throughout the film what it's like to be a part of a family, and in Hawaii's native language, family is pronounced as "Ohana." We learn that blood is thicker than water, and your family will always have your back.

6. A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength but by the strength of his heart.

"Hercules" is a film based on Greek mythology and tells the story of Hercules, the son of the almighty Zeus and his journey of discovering that he is in fact a Greek god. Zeus reminds Hercules in the end that your heart is the strongest thing you could offer the world.

7. The only way to get what you want in this world is through hard work.

Tiana from "The Princess and the Frog" knows exactly how hard it is to work for something you put your heart and soul into. But with a little faith and dedication, your dream can become a reality as long as you never give up.

8. The right things may seem wrong sometimes, or sometimes the wrong things may be right at the wrong time.Jiminy Cricket from "Pinocchio" always reminds us to let our conscience be our guide but also understand that sometimes things happen when you least expect them to, and that's okay. Not everything in life will always go the way you plan it to.

9. Whatever choice you make, let it come from your heart.

Queen Clarisse played by the iconic actress Julie Andrews in both "The Princess Diaries" and "The Princess Diaries 2" reminds us that we tend to listen to what other people tell us to do rather than doing what is truly in our hearts, and that's wrong. You should always follow your heart, no matter where it may take you.

10. Some people are worth melting for.

Olaf from "Frozen" teaches us that there are just some people in this world that we could never stop loving, and will do anything in order to show them that, proving how truly special someone could be to you.

11. The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.

There are times we often feel like going against the social norms is something that will not be accepted by people, so it prevents us from doing something potentially great. However, Mulan's father in reminds us that it's okay to be different, because being different is what makes you beautiful.

12. Though at times it may feel like the sky is falling around you, never give up, for every day is a new day.

"Chicken Little" is the classic story of a small chicken who is deeply afraid of the sky falling. However, the story has a much deeper meaning. "Chicken Little" teaches us that even if something bad happens to you one day, there's always tomorrow because things – whether good or bad – don't always last forever.

13. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

"The Rescuers" teaches us to never give up hope through the characters Bernard and Miss Bianca and their mission to save the life of a young girl.

14. Being normal is vastly overrated.

Aggie Cromwell played by the legendary Debbie Reynolds in one of my all time favorite Disney movies, "Halloweentown." She opens our eyes with the truth that there's nothing wrong with being different. In fact, being different is what makes you who you are, and you should never try to be something that you're not.

15. Don't spend your time looking around for something you want that can't be found.

Baloo from "The Jungle Book" tends to not take life too seriously, but he's realistic in telling Mowgli that there are times in life where you may want something so bad, but it may not be there to begin with.

16. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe it's not what was there before but rather something new and wonderful all the same.

"Bambi" tells the story of a young deer named Bambi, growing up without his mother. Along the way, he meets some other friends in the forest who forever remain by his side. Bambi's mother taught not only him, but to us that when something good or bad happens, the outcome is still new, and we should be grateful for the opportunities that it offers.

17. We can't focus on what's going wrong. There's always a way to turn things around

Joy from Disney's latest movie "Inside Out" reminds us to always try our best to stay positive during a difficult situation with the satisfaction that everything will work out in the end.

18. Even miracles take a little time.

The Fairy Godmother from "Cinderella" gives us that little bit of faith we need and teaches us to have patience. Everything in life happens for a reason.

19. Things never happen the same way twice, dear one.

Aslan from "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" reminds us to enjoy what we are experiencing in the moment, because now is the only time we have. Never wait to experience something because the opportunity may never come again.

20. Today's special moments are tomorrow's memories.

The Genie in "Aladdin" voiced by the late Robin Williams teaches us to cherish every single moment you have with someone so that you can carry that memory with you for the rest of your life.

21. All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

This final quote means the most to me because it is directly from the man himself, Walt Disney. Walt will forever teach people to always follow your heart and that literally anything is possible as long as you keep on believing.

The lessons I have learned from Disney will forever be instilled in my life, and I am so grateful for that. I have learned that dreams are one of the purest things that keep us motivated, so we should always continue to do good and pursue whatever it is you want to do in your own life. After all, a wise man once said, "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."