Last year I wrote an article about the 20 things I learned before turning 20. So with my 21st birthday having recently just passed I thought it was fitting I write about the 21 best things that happened to me this past year.
1. I turned 21 and am now officially legal!
2. I got a job on campus and I actually really like it! (Plus my co-workers are pretty cool).
3. I watched Twin Peaks and it is one of the best shows I have ever seen.
4. I went to New York City and can officially say that I belong there.
5. I took some classes that gave me that "this has changed my outlook in life" moment.
6. I became a part of Sigma Lambda Upsilon/ Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc. (HLM Hermanas).
7. Became inspired and in awe of all the courageous women in my life.
8. I made new incredible friendships. (You know who you are).
9. I stayed best friends with the same amazing people. (You know who you are).
10. I became an aunt. (My niece is so cute).
11. I jumped on stage at a concert! (Which later was featured in a film!)
12. I stepped outside my comfort zone and was completely out of my element.
13. I had great academic semesters at Georgia State University. (Deans list!).
14. I had my first existential crisis. (It wasn't fun)
15. I read some inspiring books.
16. I went to some awesome concerts like Niall Horan, Chicano Batman and Cuco.(Y'all should listen to them)
17. I moved into a house.
18. I gained a new responsibilities and learned how to manage my time. (I feel so grown up).
19. I saw a movie that represented a part of my culture that I hold very dear to my heart.
20. Fell in love, with myself. (Self love always!).
21. The only thing I wanted for my birthday was to spend it with the 3 most important people in life and I did. (Love you mom, dad and bro).
Obviously these weren't the only great things to happen to me these year but they definitely l were some of the best. Regardless of whether they were good or bad, they left an impact on me and helped form a better me.