20 Songs You Need To Hear Post-Breakup

20 Songs You Need To Hear Post-Breakup

Embrace the healing power of music.
29

Getting over a breakup isn't always easy. But, thankfully, we have music to make it better.

Stage 1: Denial.

Properly mourning a breakup always needs some Taylor Swift.

"Forever and Always" by Taylor Swift.

" Baby, what happened, please tell me, cause one second it was perfect, now you're halfway out the door. And I stare at the phone, he still hasn't called, and then you feel so low you can't feel nothing at all, and you flashback to when he said forever and always."

"I Almost Do" by Taylor Swift.

"I just wanna tell you it takes everything in me not to call you. And I wish I could run to you, and I hope you know that every time I don't- I almost do."

Stage 2: Sadness.

"White Horse" by Taylor Swift.

"I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale. I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell. This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town. I was a dreamer before you went and let me down... I had so many dreams about you and me, happy endings."

"Last Kiss" by Taylor Swift.

"So I watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep, and I feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe. And I keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are."

"Sad Beautiful Tragic" by Taylor Swift.

"In dreams I meet you in warm conversation. We both wake in lonely beds in different cities. And time is taking its sweet time erasing you. And you've got your demons, and, darling, they all look like me."

"All Too Well" by Taylor Swift.

"You taught me 'bout your past, thinking your future was me, and I know it's long gone, and there was nothing else I could do. And I forget about you long enough to forget why I needed to... And you call me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest, now I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here..."

"I Never Told You" by Colbie Caillat.

"I miss everything about you, I can't believe I still want you... I see your blue eyes every time I close mine."

"Used To Love You" by Gwen Stefani.

"You know I was the best thing that ever happened to you, now look at what you lost. I don't know why I cry, but I think it's cause I remembered for the first time since I hated you that I used to love you."

"Confetti" by Sia.

"'I'm hanging with the boys,' you said, 'workin' late to pay our bills,' but I found lipstick on your collar. Wasn't my color. I watched you slip, slip away, no explanation... No I won't miss you, I won't cry, I don't regret it."

"Wide Awake" by Katy Perry.

"'Til I woke up on, on the concrete. Falling from cloud nine, crashing from the high,
I'm letting go tonight."

Stage 3: Anger.

"Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" by Pink.

"I will do what I please, anything that I want. I will breathe, I will breathe, I won't worry at all. You will pay for your sins, you'll be sorry my dear, all the lies, all the why's, will all be crystal clear. I think I've finally had enough, I think I maybe think too much, I think this might be it for us. Blow me one last kiss!"

"Leave" by JoJo.

"Get out, leave, right now! It's the end of you and me. It's too late now and I can't wait for you to be gone, cause I know about her, and I wonder how I bought all the lies. You said that you would treat me right but you was just a waste of time!"

"Part of Me" by Katy Perry.

"This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me. Throw your sticks and your stones, throw your bombs and your blows, but you're not gonna break my soul."

"Fighter" by Christina Aguilera.

"If it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through, so I want to say thank you 'cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder. It makes me that much wiser, so thanks for making me a fighter."

"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood.

"I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats. I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights, slashed a hole in all four tires, maybe next time he'll think before he cheats."

"Picture To Burn" by Taylor Swift

"State the obvious, I didn't get my perfect fantasy. I realize you love yourself more than you could ever love me. So go and tell your friends I'm obsessive and crazy, that's fine."

"I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift.

"A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be, and now I see... he was long gone when he met me, and I realize the joke is on me. I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now."

"So What" by Pink.

"So what? I'm still a rock star, I got my rock moves, and I don't need you! And guess what? I'm having more fun, and now that we’re done, I'm gonna show you tonight, I'm alright, I'm just fine, and you're a tool!"

Stage 4: Healing.

"Take A Bow" by Rihanna.

"You put on quite a show, really had me going. But now it's time to go, curtain's finally closing."

"Best Thing I Never Had" by Beyonce.

"Thank God you blew it, thank God I dodged the bullet, I'm so over you... I used to want you so bad, I'm so through with that."