2024 Is Their Year: Musicians Edition

2024 Is Their Year: Musicians Edition

When you’re reading this in December of 2024 you will see I have always been right.

118
2024 Is Their Year: Musicians Edition
Edited by Hailey Hastings

I’m not confident on most things, however, when it comes to music and who’s up and coming within that realm, I think I have a pretty good insight into the goings-on. I can’t even tell you how many people I’ve been a huge champion for that have eventually blown up, I was singing FLETCHER’S praises back in the ‘Live Young Die Free’ days and was blasting Tate McRae when ‘Stupid’ came out, among so many others, so I thought with that in my Rolodex I would give you guys a rundown of the musicians that I think are going to rule 2024. Mind you, some of these people have had huge years this year and already have established careers, but the pinnacle I think they're about to reach is on a different level. I'm in no means saying these artists aren't already widely loved and popular.

Now that we've got the disclaimers out of the way, let’s jump in!

Megan Moroney

Megan Moroney is going to be the it country girl. She’s going to be right up there with Kelsea Ballerini paving the way for female singer-songwriters who have a pop-country sound, and frankly? I couldn't be more here for it! I’ve been a huge Megan fan ever since finding ‘Hair Salon’ on TikTok, and she’s only exploded since then. She found a huge hit in ‘Tennessee Orange’ and I have a feeling this upcoming tour with Kenny Chesney is only going to skyrocket Megan even further into the forefront of the genre's brightest stars.

Tate McRae

The end of 2023 has belonged to Tate McRae. It’s really that simple. Tate put out her second album, THINK LATER, andI was instantly convinced that we were witnessing a rebirth of the early 2000s pop girlies. I think when this year is looked back on, in terms of music, Tate’s album is going to be a standout. Saying ‘exes’ is a smash almost feels criminal, because even that doesn't do it justice. 2024 we are going to see this success continue and I have a strong feeling we will be seeing a best new artist nomination to round it out.

Sabrina Carpenter

Speaking of best new artist nominations, the fact that this hasn't happened yet for Sabrina Carpenter feels genuinely criminal. Like makes me sick to my stomach. emails i can't send is one of, if not my absolute favorite pop albums of all time. Sabrina truly has every single making to be one of the biggest pop stars in the world. I've appreciated Sabrina’s music ever since ‘Middle of Starting Over’ and seeing the true artistic growth that is constantly happening is mind-blowing. With every song she gets better. It's an anomaly. I think 2024 will be the year Sabrina gets her long-overdue flowers, this is the perfect time with The Eras Tour in her arsenal and with what I can only hope is new music on the way, this is her year.

EMMY

EMMY is indeed a ‘Cool Girl’ and y’all that aren’t already tuned in are honestly late to jumping on this train. EMMY is an artist that I can see being a huge pop star, someone who understands the genre and the inter workings perfectly.I am not a hundred percent sure if EMMY plans on releasing new music in 2024, but I am genuinely BEGGING. If she does I will personally make sure she blows up and y’all give her all of the flowers.

Sadie Jean

Sadie Jean is another artist I found thanks to TikTok, truly the app has been a beautiful platform for emerging artists. Everything Sadie writes feels like it was ripped straight for a teenage version of myself’s diary. She truly understands girlhood in a universal way, and is able to put it to music in a magical way. Her debut EP, Simple Like 17, came out just weeks ago, and I really think as people sit with this music longer people are going to attach themselves to any future project Sadie puts out.

Ashley Cooke

Similar to what I said about Megan Moroney, Ashley Cooke is a part of the upcoming main country music girlies, and it's well deserved! shot in the dark, Ashley’s newest album, made me feel the same way that Taylor Swift’s Fearless album did, just completely understood. It’s a rare thing for an artist to be able to come from such a personal place while still being so relatable, and I think the fact that Ashley Cooke has that quality is going to make for career longevity.

Noah Kahan

Yes, Noah Kahan has already had a MASSIVE year, playing SNL, selling out almost every show he plays, a smash album, and the cherry on top, a Grammy nomination! But I genuinely think we are going to see an even bigger 2024. Noah is one of those one-in-a-million artists, and as more people discover him he's just going to keep getting bigger; I'm almost certain we will see arena shows and a Grammy win in the new year.

I am now and forever the number one Noah stan.

Bridgit Mendler

I am putting it out into the world that we are finally getting new Bridgit Mendler music in 2024. And you all (not me I went to see her on tour and supported my girl back in the day!) will not be letting her career do anything other than skyrocket! She is getting credit where credit is due on TikTok and has teased big news coming, so I'm hoping this is a singing career we see make a comeback this year.

Anslee Davidson

Anslee Davidson has put out some of my favorite country music of the year, I truly see so much young Carrie and Kelsea in her and can only imagine how bright her future in the industry is going to be. I'm predicting that a huge country star will take her on tour next year making for a significant boost.

The Driver Era

The Driver Era deserves to be THE it band. It’s that simple. They consistently put out incredible records, they are both multi-talented, and have such incredible, and long-lasting, relationships with their fans, and I think that seeing how dedicated fans have always been to them, since the R5/Disney days, is proof that they aren't going anywhere! I want to see them playing bigger venues and having whatever music they put out met with their biggest successes yet in the new year.

Troye Sivan

Troye Sivan is long overdue to be in the forefront of the pop music genre. I truly believe he is one of the few people who can explore every single subset of the genre and exist in it beautifully. I think the evolution from Blue Neighbourhood (or even Wild) to Something To Give Each Other illustrates that perfectly. With the recent Grammy nominations (and impending win🤞) And with how much the general public is eating up the newest record I think we're about to embark on Troye’s biggest year yet.

Spencer Sutherland

Spencer Sutherland is an artist I've been aware of for years, but only recently did a deep dive into, and instantly was shocked that he’s not everywhere, all over the radio and being praised by the masses. He has, what I would consider to be one of the best voices in music today, and is making music that genuinely connects. I'm hoping in the new year people have the same a-ha! moment that I did.

Nat and Alex Wolff

Nostalgia is the greatest human weakness, and when you mix that with insane talent that only gets better by the year, I think we're looking at a brotherly duo that is going to be in the forefront over the next year. Nat and Alex Wolff (the men of both my pre-teen dreams and my current dreams) need to go on tour this next year, it has to happen. My life would be forever changed seeing them live.

Reneé Rapp

Is Reneé Rapp one of the biggest new artists right now? Yes! Do I think after Mean Girls she’s going to be even bigger? Yes! 2024 will be the year of Reneé Rapp, that's just the facts! And I am right here seated with this ‘Tummy Hurts’ remix on a loop playing in my head along for the ride.

Anyone with a voice this good deserves all the success in the world.

Jensen McRae

Ending this list with the artist who I think will have the most significant boost in the new year, and artist who has everyone on TikTok in a chokehold, Jensen McRae! Jensen is one of the most honest songwriters i’ve ever come across. With each new tracks she presents I find myself more and more blown away. I’m hoping in the new year we see the release of ‘Video Games,’ along with a tour and support from the masses. Catapulting Jensen to the mainstream with everyone recognizing her talents, just as she deserves!

Find Me Here:

Instagram

Twitter

Email: For Press Inquiries/interview inquiries only (underpnkskiess@gmail.com)