2020 May Be Coming To A Close, But Our Guards Shouldn't Come Down With It

Numbers have increased with the holiday season, so we need to accept that January 1st doesn't promise a complete change.

14
woman shopping with mask on
Photo by Atoms on Unsplash

2020 has probably been the worst year of our lifetime. I will fully admit to that fact. It has met us with lots of new changes and challenges that we've had to adapt to, and it's not over yet. Yes, we are beginning to see a positive change - vaccines have been developed and distribution has started, but the light at the end of the tunnel is farther down than most people think.

The unfortunate reality is that it will take time for everyone to get vaccinated, if they even want to.

The world is a big place, and it will take time for everything to get back to normal, just as it took time for Covid-19 to creep throughout the entire world.

It is because of the fact that so many people have labeled the year 2020 as the worst year ever, they believe that once it is over, so are all of the world's problems. While things certainly are making a way for change, things are not going to automatically flip a switch and return to normal again once midnight hits on New Year's. Numbers have increased with the holiday season, so we need to accept that January 1st doesn't promise a complete change.

Please. Continue to social distance, wear your masks, and make sure that you are paying attention to the news of the spread in your area.

We're not out of the woods yet, but the light is slowly and surely peeking through, we just need to be patient for a little while longer. Don't let your guard down once the ball drops.