14 Books In My 2019 To Be Read Pile

14 Books In My "To Be Read" Pile In 2019

Let's be real, I probably won't read ALL of these... but a girl can dream.

35

1. 'Priory of the Orange Tree' - Samantha Shannon

A monster of a book at 848 pages. It's a fantasy with dragons and a 'queendom' which I am all about. I already preordered my copy.

2. 'Aurora Rising' - Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman

Seems so funny and like such an interesting read. I mean, read to the tagline. "They're not the heroes we deserve. They're just the ones we could find. Nobody panic." I'm obsessed and so excited.

3. 'Scythe' - Neil Shusterman 

It's about a world where natural death no longer happens and is carried out by 'scythes'. I've heard such great things about this book and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

4. 'The Bone Season' - Samantha Shannon

Another one by Samantha Shannon, It's about a clairvoyant in an alternate London. I've read some killer reviews for this book and to be honest with you…I already started it. Sorry, not sorry.

5. 'Red Queen' - Victoria Aveyard

About a world split between two social classes, the Reds and the Silvers. Seems like such an interesting concept and I have a feeling I won't be able to put it down.

6. 'Warcross' - Marie Lu

A sci-fi book about a bounty hunter in a video game, I'm so down.

7. 'A Darker Shade of Magic' - V.E. Schwabb 

Set in a magical London where the main character is a smuggler, literally couldn't sound cooler.

8. 'And I Darken' - Kiersten White 

A historical fiction set in the Ottoman Empire. I'm such a nerd for anything history, and I've never read anything like this before which is something I'm definitely looking forward to.

9. 'Outander' - Diana Gabaldon 

A woman in 1945 is transported back to 1743 Scotland where she has to learn to navigate the strange and different world she's found herself in. Like I said before, I love history and historical fiction novels so I can't wait to pick this one up.

10. 'Red Seas Under Red Skies' - Scott Lynch

The sequel to my all-time favorite book, "The Lies of Locke Lamora", it follows Locke and Gene, who are members of a secret organization, The Gentleman Bastards, who swindle aristocrats out of their money. It's amazing and a must read, so I can't wait to see what Lynch has written in the second book.

11. 'The Magicians' - Lev Grossman 

About a group of students who attend a magical university, kind of like Harry Potter but with much more adult themes and wayyy more messed up plot lines. I've seen the TV show and absolutely loved it, I binge-watched the whole thing in a week. I've heard the book has a lot of difference, so I'm intrigued to see what stayed and what got changed.

12. 'Crown of Midnight' - Sarah J. Maas

The second book in Maas' "Throne of Glass" series. The first book was so good, I read the entire thing in a day. It's about a trained assassin who is drafted by the very kingdom that imprisoned her to fight against others in the kingdom to become the King's champion. I've heard that the books just keep getting better so I'm so ready to binge read all of them. (I've already bought the entire series in preparation)

13. 'Girls of Paper and Fire' - Natasha Ngan 

About a girl who is from a lower caste that gets chosen to be one of the king's new concubines, but she refuses to give into the fate that seemingly had been decided for her. I'm all about strong female characters and this sounds like just that.

14. 'Empire of Sand' - Tasha Suri 

A Mughal India inspired novel about a nobleman's daughter who has magical powers that the Empire fears. I heard about this book on Instagram and the cover and concept immediately intrigued me.