My 2019 Resolutions Are The Same From 2018

I'm Walking Into 2019 With My Same Resolution As 2018, And That's OK

Last year, I promised to work on myself and I'm not done yet.

19

When I entered 2018, I had the resolution to take the year to travel and focus on myself. I started the year with a fresh start, with a new roommate and new friends, and that shaped my entire year. I focused more on school and my own mental health. I grew a lot and found who I was.

I traveled to Morocco, a country I had never visited or planned to visit, and I learned even more about myself. I saw how my anxiety guides my life and how trying something new was very hard to do but so good for my personal growth. I grew closer to God while abroad and He told me to throw my plans out the window and trust Him. Then my entire life changed.

I tend to despise New Year's resolutions because we are constantly changing and don't need a date to signify that. I believe in constant resolutions that keep us motivated and provide growth. So, deciding to make a new resolution in May seemed like a good idea.

I went into summer with uneasy feet as I didn't know who I was about to become and how I would change. I had decided to put more emphasis on trusting others and facing my anxiety. This was a huge mountain to face and I am still working on this.

2018 was a year of growth. It was eye-opening. I had to open old wounds in order to heal and move on. I had to learn to let others into my life and to be vulnerable. I learned that it is okay to get your hopes up because expecting the worst is not any way to live your life. I cried a lot but with the amazing support from everyone around me, I was able to stand up each time.

As I enter 2019, I am not sure what resolutions I will make for myself. As I continue to work on my resolutions from 2018, I feel like it is so important to focus on that before adding anything else to the list.

While I might not have a list of resolutions before the clock strikes midnight, I pray that 2019 brings healing to myself and to my family and friends. I pray that the world becomes a better place. Most of all, I pray that the year challenges me. I pray that I try new things, climb to new heights and that I will be broken down.

I pray that I face mountains in 2019 and that I always come out on top.

I am thankful for the friends walking into 2019 with me and I am excited to see who I will meet and walk into 2020 with. Most of all, I am excited to see how much I grow and change. I am excited to see who I will be in a year.

May 2019 bring us all a year of peace, growth, and joy. May we all learn to put down our phones and live in the moment. Let us all take chances and try new things. Maybe we will build more relationships and learn to love and accept one another.

Cheers to 2019!