2019 Is Moving Too Fast

Holy damn, we are closing in on almost half the year being over, let that sink in for a second. This 2019 has been a strange one. Alabama loses the national championship, another government shutdown, Tiger Woods winning another major after an 11-year drought, this year has been crazy, and it's moving way too quick.

Seriously, folks, I could remember New Year's like it was a week ago. Also, I am somehow still here, making dismal amounts of money writing for a website that college-aged women dominate while somehow surviving on my last legs, ah what a life.

I have been asking myself, why do I keep writing here, why do I do this to myself? I thought I have written about everything and anything the last (5)! years on this website and I didn't think there couldn't be anything else, but hell, here we go again.

The top two in our writing locations are graduation and a new top two will be in charge of soonish. I will give credit to the two up top here at UCF (you know who you are) for trying to making this more team oriented. All good and all, but after being a lone wolf for over 5 years, I might as well stick to it, not very many friends in my neck of the woods, but what can you do, right?

Here's the thing though, as the year progresses, it's becoming more and more apparent that I should not be writing anymore. For some odd reason, you guys still read my stuff, bravo and brava, I am still surprised you care about my opinion that much because I certainly haven't. I still have over 12K reads per month, and coming from a guy that's nearly not as passionate as I was when I first started this little gig, I am honestly impressed. Trying to produce 500 words on a page when you've sort of lost the passion to write is strange, but you tell yourself to keep going because it's always been this way and I guess 500 more couldn't hurt, right?

So where do we go from here, in the last year of the 2010s? So much as changed since I have joined this website an undergraduate degree ago, and I am not sure if I still have a place here, but considering the views, I guess I still do. Maybe release another controversial opinionated article to get people talking, or an article about puppies because we care about puppies more than humans, who knows at this point. Just like life, I am trying to figure it out just like you folks are, and I have no idea what will come next with myself and this insane website.

Whatever it is, I hope it will be positive because right now it sounds like I am the total opposite of that, but then again, it could be a wake-up call that maybe I should start caring again.