Goals For 2019

11 Of My Goals For 2019 And Why It'll Be Better Than 2018

Everyone says, "2019 will be my year" but for me, especially, it actually will.

11
Personal Photo

2018 was a year for me that wasn't terrible like others, but it also wasn't the best. It was definitely eye opening. It forced me to face my fears, take a step out of my bubble to things I've never done before. The one thing I didn't do in 2018 though was relax and take a step back. 2018 had a lot of ups and a couple of downs. The ups being starting my new job, graduating high school, starting my first semester of college, and learning tons of lessons that would take up my word count if I typed them all out.

I also had downs that made it a memorable year such as losing my dog, losing a big amount of people that used to be my friends, not being home so often, feeling like I can never take a break or else my world will come crashing down.. The list goes on. It was stressful.

For 2019, I decided to make goals for myself, not resolutions. I won't beat myself up if I don't do these things this year, but I'm going to try my hardest to make them possible to achieve in 2019. Through time I know I'll get to where I need to be, whether it be this year or next year, or whenever in my life.

I suggest to everyone out there to make some goals for yourself this year and to not be afraid that you can't complete them. It's really a good way to set a boundary for yourself and to feel proud when you actually reach one. So here are mine, and I hope they inspire you a bit to get out of your own bubble.

1. Stop overthinking EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

Because I do it a lot. Whether it be what I'm wearing, to a situation where I expect the worst, to a text, to everything. It's unhealthy, and in 2019 I need to learn to control it.

2. Focus more on my mental health

I don't remember the last time I took a day off to relax for myself and my mental health, and in 2019, you'll definitely see that from me a bit more.

3. Start saving for my future apartment, and for my future as a whole

So I already started this actually at the end of 2018, but this is basically a way to tell myself to KEEP GOING. I suck with saving money and it was definitely something I had trouble doing throughout the year. In 2019 that'll definitely be changing for sure.

4. Get my own credit card and build up my credit

Because eventually I want to move out of my house, and to do so I'm going to need good credit, which won't come to me by itself. I'll need to get this going during 2019!

5. To put in more effort, for everything I do

And to not give up! To keep pushing through every situation and to give my all into everything I do. It'll all be worth it in the end.

6. To come out of my awkward bubble, and STAY out!

This one will be tough, but the older I get, I feel like it's, somewhat, I should say getting better? Well this is awkward, but anyways, yes, I'll be trying my best!

7. To ask more people to spend time with me, and NOT cancel

It pushes people away. It definitely didn't help most of my friendships during 2018, but with everything me and everyone had going on, I couldn't help myself. This year I'm going to focus on making more time with my friends and not thinking that they just don't want to see me. Kinda ties into the overthinking a bit, but I'm going to be working on it!

8. Go on more walks alone

When I was younger I used to walk everywhere, and ever since I started driving I forgot the feeling of walking around outside and taking a breath of fresh air in. It definitely helps with stress and it's something I've missed doing. I want to commit to trying to go on more walks during 2019 by myself.

9. Make my own appointments, and learn to get over my fear of speaking to people I don't know on the phone

This one is big! Ever since I was younger I've hated making phone calls. I can talk to the people I talk to on the daily just fine on the phone but making any kind of appointment or anything along the lines of that.... nope! I hate it, and it's something I'll be facing myself in 2019. I'm 19 years old, and it's time to start getting rid of this fear!

10. Listen to more audiobooks, and in general, read more great books

I made myself download audible and get a head start already before making this article. I've lost my interest in reading due to technology and it's time to get back to my old roots. I can't make anymore excuses that I "don't have time to read". This is what audible can help me with!

11. Take opportunities every chance I get and to not slow down

I can't hold myself back from any opportunities like in the past. If it's something I'm passionate about and feel like will be right for me, then you'll see me doing it in 2019. This year will be nonstop for me for any sort of opportunity, but I'll also be remembering that it's okay to take a day for myself and it's okay to relax every once in a while.

I know through the year of 2019, I'm going to do things that I felt like I couldn't possibly ever get to in 2018. I know it'll be a great year for me filled with growth and prosperity whether I get to complete these things or not, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for me. Happy 2019!