My Goals For The Rest Of 2019

We're a few months into 2019 , and this year is a big one for me. It marks me being halfway done with college, which totally blows my blind. It feels like just yesterday that it was 2017 and I was embarking on my college journey.

Just as everyone else does, I took some time to reflect on the past year and more so my college experience thus far. I realized that while the past two years have been the best years of my life, there were goals that I could set to make 2019 even better.

You see, although I would not trade this experience for everything, I have held myself back. This is why my goal for 2019 is to improve my confidence. Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. I realized that I cut myself off from numerous experiences and opportunities simply because I did not think I had what I needed or was worried about what other people would think.

Each year I set all of these unrealistic goals for myself and up letting myself down when I don't see them carried out. I have realized that it is because I never had the confidence to carry these goals out. This is why 2019 is the year for a change in mental state. It is not until I change my view of myself that these goals will be accomplished.

I think this can apply to everyone too. Some improved self-esteem can do wonders. Here is a list of "to-do's" for this year to help accomplish the overall goal:

1. Be bold, say what you are thinking. Acknowledge your feelings to yourself and others!

2. Laugh as much as you want and don't apologize

3. Drink lots of water- it's good for ya

4. Stick to a routine. Establish some structure & actually use that cute planner :)

5. Apply for all of the things. Put yourself out there and let others know how great you are

6. Reach out to people. Friends, family, future employers... having a good community makes a world of difference

7. Wake up to your alarm. Do your journaling/quiet time/bible reading, work out... whatever it may be, utilize your time!

8. Going off of that, establish proper time management

9. Stay organized. Color code notes, clean that closet... a clean space makes for a clear mind

10. Spend time with people intentionally. Be present, ask questions; strengthen your relationships!

With all of this being said, I hope for every single one of you reading this that 2019 is kind and giving to you. I hope this year strengthens you, pushes you, and shows you your own potential. I hope 2019 can be the year that we all show ourselves more love and respect in order to do the same for others. I hope you can build your confidence this year to see your goals through; remember, we're all in this together!

Make the rest of 2019 yours. Don't just tell yourself this, but see it out. Put it into action. You got this, I know it!