9 Albums To Prove That 2019 May Be The Best Year In Music

New music. New ideas. New memories. New good times.

23
YouTube

Looking back on old memories, I began to realize how much I enjoy listening to music.

Hearing an old song on the radio can make me reminisce on good times with my friends, family, and childhood vacations. Throughout elementary and middle school, I loved riding in the back of the car jamming to Taylor Swift with my sisters on the way to go shopping.

Growing up my mom would always play Aerosmith and The Eagles, so I was raised on some '80s classics as well. While music is always changing, artists are able to change their tastes and styles over time.

Here are 10 albums that prove 2019 may be the next best year in music.

The Jonas Brothers - Happiness Begins

After years and years of thinking the boys would never get back together, they surprised us. And not only with a song or with an album. They are back on tour. What else is better than the Jonas Brothers back together? Oh, and did I mention that their music sounds soooo good. As a teen girl who grew up watching them on Disney Channel, there's nothing else better than getting to go see the Jo Bros back in concert to fulfill my eight year old dreams.

Taylor Swift - Lover

Taylor's new album is something I did not expect to see coming. I've been a loyal fan for 12 years now, and I can definitely say that Lover is something different that Taylor hasn't done before. Relaying back off of her Reputation album, Lover is a story of newfound freedom allowing Swift to express her true thoughts about past relationships through a woman's role in dating. Not to mention that her lyrics are oh so catchy.

Ariana Grande - thank u next

Ariana's new album was groundbreaking for this summer in music. Whether you were in the car, at the pool, at the beach, or in the mountains, a song from thank u next was expected to be played on the radio. Grande was even able to perform some of her new hits at Coachella this past spring.

Chance the Rapper - The Big Day

I use to not be a big fan of rap music, but Chance's lyrics and connection to his fans made me feel different about this album. I enjoy the references he makes back to his family and the skits he includes on the album. The Big Day gives us a glance of Chance's multitudes, channeling different emotions through vast ideas and sounds.

Jessica Pratt - Quiet Signs

I had never heard of this album until one of my friends pointed it out to me. Pratt's sound in this musical masterpiece executes the true meaning of opportunity and simplicity.

Miley Cyrus - SHE IS COMING

While everyone has their own opinions, this pop star queen draws together all sides of her personality in SHE IS COMING. This album is not only entertaining but also allows Miley to express her true self.

Maggie Rogers - Heard it in a Past Life

This album allows Maggie Rogers to be emotional and vulnerable while still focusing on her sound and musical talent. Heard it in a Past Life focuses on Rogers' self-discovery as an artist, how she's grown and coped with anxiety, and the album proves her success.

Beyonce - Homecoming: The Live Album

You can't have a best year in music without Beyonce herself. What makes this album unique is both the album and live performances. Homecoming is a master collection of Beyonce's woman power and captures the artist at her peak.

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars

Even late in his career, Springsteen's Western Stars is an album about reaching the end of the road, but looking around to see what you might discover. This rock superstar focuses on depth and illumination while captivating his audience. Springsteen always manages to make good music, and Western Stars lives up to our expectations.