Timmy's 2017: A Year In Review

Timmy's 2017: A Year In Review

A third person critique of my year.

It's a common practice for writers, bloggers, reviewers and critics to take a look back at all that happened in the past year and give their thoughts. As 2017 comes to a close and I think about all that's happened in my life, I felt compelled to do the same.

So, without further ado, here's my personal, third-person year in review.

Things started off strong in January. Tim was in the midst of one of his final semesters of college and had plenty of creative ideas for how to spend his time in 2017. The first few months went well. He started volunteering, doubled down on his fitness and was continuing his hobby of streaming games online.

The end of February presented a bit of snag as he sprained his lower back pretty severely. His physical well-being took a major hit, and his fitness suffered. Things were in limbo for a couple of weeks as he tried to figure out what to do next.

To add insult to injury, his longstanding relationship came to a brief end in March. This was a massive emotional setback that had repercussions for the rest of his activities, namely his schoolwork.

Not a fan of the single life, he tried his luck with various popular dating apps. Never having been a lucky person, Tim continued to be unlucky in the dating department for the remainder of the year.

Due to certain circumstances, he was forced to withdraw from one of his classes at the last minute. This would set him back in his quest to finally graduate. However, he would later take summer classes to help in this endeavor and ended 2017 with only two courses left to complete.

Tim spent a lot of time unemployed, leading to a rough patch of time where he needed to sell many of his personal belongings to stay afloat. Come autumn, he would find a decent position and he started the long trek back towards financial stability.

A family trip to Korea in May would provide a nice escape from the stresses at home, but it would ultimately be a stressful trip in and of itself due to various occurrences. The time away also marked an end to his time volunteering and an indefinite hiatus to his game streaming.

Once his back had healed properly, Tim redoubled his focus on fitness and began powerlifting. He also started documenting his journey on Instagram and is primed to compete in 2018.

Ultimately, with the early back injury, academic struggles, relationship woes and dip in devotion to his hobbies, Timmy is left dissatisfied with his 2017. However, Tim recognizes some of these steps were necessary to take better care of himself. We're looking up in terms of fitness and excited and hopeful for a better 2018.

Overall Grade: C+