In 2017, Be Who God Wants You To Be

In 2017, Be Who God Wants You To Be

A new approach to a New Year's Resolution

20
In 2017, Be Who God Wants You To Be

It's a new year, which means one thing: New Year's Resolutions. Most people try to change something about themselves to make themselves better, but within the first week of January, their resolution goes to heck. Instead of making a resolution and watching it fail, one way to improve your life would be to be who God wants you to be. That way, whatever you do, the main goal is to be the best version of yourself and be who God wants you to be. That is what I plan on doing this new year.

At first, I decided my New Year's Resolution would be to work out more and eat healthy. I can still do that, but I will have a different end goal in mind when I do so. I know that God wants me to treat my body right. When I became anemic in the middle of December, that opened my eyes to how poorly I was eating. I also stopped working out last school year because I didn't think I had the time and I lost the motivation. This year, things will be different. By working out and eating healthier, I will become what God wants me to be. I know God wants me to be healthy and to make sure I am treating my body right.

When I become who God wants me to be, I can truly be happy and healthy. I know that it will be hard to keep up my goal and there will be some days when I don't want to wake up and work out, but I know that God wants me to be healthy, so as long as I have that in mind, it should (hopefully) be easier to get myself to be healthier. So this year, instead of making a resolution you know you are not going to keep, make an effort to be who God wants you to be, whatever that look like for you. Watch as your life improves this new year.