2017, The Year For You

2017, The Year For You

Live life and love every minute of it.

1
2017, The Year For You
Viral Novelty

I bet 2016 was a heck of a year for a lot of us. I know it was for me. Looking back there’s not one thing I would change but it was not easy. Challenges pushed and pulled me in the direction I am now.

You may be thinking, another year, no big deal. But not only is this a new year, but it can also be a new beginning. For most of us, something is beginning. Maybe it is a new job, new friends or a new semester; that brings new challenges in itself.

I challenge you to take 2017 and make it your year. Meet new people, accomplish many great things, believe in yourself and do not give up. Whatever you may fear or question, push past it and realize that everything happens for a reason. Challenge yourself to become a better version of yourself, not just this year but from here on out. Read, write, experience, learn, accomplish and make it your goal to live a life half full and fulfilling. Let things happen the way they are supposed to and understand that you are on the right track and there is greatness ahead of you.

For me, I have always thought New Year’s resolutions were silly and pointless because the difference between December 31st and January 1st is just a few seconds. But this year is different for me. The end of 2016 has caused me to completely question everything, but the beginning of 2017 brought me this urge to better myself and fulfill my life in every way. For example, wake up every day and think of it as a blessing that you are able to wake up and enjoy life. Challenge yourself in everything, whether it be your job, meeting new people or just trying something crazy. Work hard but don’t belittle yourself. Live a life that makes you excited to get out of bed in the morning. It all starts with your mindset but the outcome of focusing on yourself will be incredible.

I find the best way to do this is to write down 3 or so goals that you have for yourself. Stick that list somewhere that you will see it every day. Make yourself understand what you want out of these goals and remind yourself of that all the time. Sure you are going to make mistakes along the way but if the goal is something you really aspire, nothing will stop you.

So 2017, this year I am going to focus on becoming a better version of myself because there is always room to grow. More importantly however, this year is going to be dedicated to living life, and loving every minute of it.