Welcome to the 2017 Dorney Park Season

Welcome to the 2017 Dorney Park Season

Off season is over and we are about to start on the new season, welcome to the family.

34
Welcome to the 2017 Dorney Park Season

It's that time of year again. Our thirteen week off season as come to end. The coasters have all been put back on their tracks, test cycles are nearly complete and ready for their first set of riders. In less than a week, the gates will be up and our summer home will once again been filled with the sounds of rider screams as they plummet 200 feet.

But before this happens, I wanted to thank everyone who worked during the off season to make sure that everything was ready for this season. Just because the park closes for the winter doesn't mean that it's dead until opening day. There is so much that goes into making sure everything is ready for the next season.

Thank you to maintenance for getting all the rides and park ready. Repainting, making repairs and the works to keep everything looking and running their best for our guests.

Thank you to the hard working managers who work tirelessly all year, making sure everything is ordered and on track to arrive in time for opening day. And for also making sure you get some of your staff hired back so that they can help out with the park, as well as for hiring the hundreds of employees that it takes to make the park come alive each summer.

With those few thank you's out of the way, I'd like to welcome back all the returning employees. There is a reason we come back each year. It's not the pay or the perks of the job (although those are pretty sweet); it's because the park is our home, and the departments we work within become our families. Even when we say we won't be back, we come back, because it's hard to leave our family behind. We come back for those season pass holders who remind us why we love our jobs. Some of us have been back at it for a few months now. Either cleaning, stocking or training. And all that hard work is about to pay off.

And to those of you who are new to the company and the park, welcome. I'm sure you've heard stories during all your trainings about the park and some of the guests that may come to our summer home. But it's really not as bad as some people make it out to be. It's all about what you make it.

You're new. We understand that and we all stood where you stand now. So please, don't be scared to come to any of the supervisors with questions. We don't bite. I swear. We are here to help you along, help you grow and to teach you. We don't expect you to know how to do everything or know everything the night we open. We know it's a learning experience. We are one team.

So let's get those final touches on the stores, food stands and games and get ready for the best summer yet.

WELCOME TO THE 2017 SEASON!