This Is The Year To Fully Love Yourself

This Is The Year To Fully Love Yourself

Now is the time to start your journey and find self-love.

6
This Is The Year To Fully Love Yourself

Hello, friends! It's been a few weeks since I've last written an article. In those few weeks, I've realized some things about myself. Yes, I know what you're thinking, 2016 was supposed to be the year of realizing things, according to Kylie Jenner, but it looks like 2017 is going to be that year. Here are some of the things that I've realized:

1. I'm a prize to be won.

NEVER SETTLE! I know it might suck knowing that person you like doesn't feel the same way, but it's probably for the best. If someone doesn't realize how good they have it, they're not worth your time. As hard as it is to try and let that go, remember the amazing human you are.

2. Timing isn't everything.

Just because something isn't going your way right now, doesn't mean that it won't turn up soon. Try not to spend too much of your time thinking about how else you could be spending it. Try to live in the moment and discover the small joys in life, good things will come your way.

3. Seek help if needed.

Are you struggling with a mental illness or have been feeling down lately? Don't be afraid to ask for help. Text/ call your friends and family. If you don't feel comfortable sharing your feelings with people you know, there are thousands of hotlines available who would love to talk it out with you. Or, If you're like me and struggling with some anxieties and it's affecting your everyday life, make a visit to your school's counseling center. You never have to struggle alone.

4. It's ok to cry.

Having feelings is completely natural and know they're valid. Others may try to bring you down or make fun of you for things that you cannot control and that's not ok for people to do that, surround yourself with positivity. Know that It's ok to be upset because someone hurt you and you're already hurting enough. Try to keep your head up, but know that it's ok to cry

5. Focus on your own needs and goals.

How are you supposed to love another person if you can't love yourself? Don't be afraid to focus on whatever makes you great and what makes you happy. Setting small goals for yourself is a great way to get out of your funk. Realize that you have needs that need to be met and figure out positive ways to satisfy them.

If you've noticed, all of these things I've realized are part of learning how to love yourself. Self-love is probably the hardest thing a person can do because it all depends on you. Join me and make it a goal to take care of yourself this year. There's no better time than now. All you have to do is have the want to change. That might not come easily, but 2017 just started. Now is the time to start your journey and find self-love. We can do this. You can do this.