2017: Here's What I Hope For You

2017: Here's What I Hope For You

2017 has the potential to be something great; however, it is up to you to make it happen.

23
2017: Here's What I Hope For You
Add a Pinch

As cliché as it may seem, the phrase “new year, new me” certainly does possess some truth behind it whether we would like to admit it or not. Basically, the start of a new year is a way for people to come to terms with themselves and what they are truly striving to accomplish within the upcoming twelve months. This fresh start allows people to use the knowledge and experience they have acquired throughout their lifetime and applying that expertise to whatever the future may hold for them. People often put things into perspectives, such as their passions and goals, in order to live a full life and one that they love. The year of 2016 most definitely contained an immense amount of highs and lows, but it would be best to look back on all of the lessons we have learned throughout the good times, as well as the bad ones. Using this as momentum and motivation for the year of 2017, I sure hope each and every single one of us is able to live the life we have always dreamt of. Although everyone’s perspectives on what they want to do within the new year are different, here is a list of things that I hope you get to experience in 2017.

I hope you get to travel to that city you have always dreamt of visiting.

I hope you work hard enough to earn that job or internship, and eventually that promotion.

I hope you get to celebrate your existence on your birthday to the fullest.

I hope you can read a new book, or two, or maybe even three.

I hope you get to reunite and catch up with an old friend that you have not spoken to in quite some time.

I hope you are able to try a new food that is out of your comfort zone.

I hope you get that significant and meaningful tattoo that you have always wanted.

I hope you see that favorite band of yours in concert.

I hope you have the courage to express your feelings to someone you have feelings for.

I hope you have the opportunity to volunteer, not because you are required to, but because you want to.

I hope you learn a new language, which can open up a whole new world of communication.

I hope you get to go on that relaxing vacation you have dreamt of your whole life.

I hope you meet someone who will change your life, for the better.

I hope you make generous acts of kindness to people you do not know.

I hope you take that road trip with your closest friends.

I hope you get to travel out of the country and immerse yourself into new cultures.

I hope you fall in love.

I hope you have time to relax and reflect on all the things worth smiling about that are happening in the world.

I hope you spend time with your immediate family doing your favorite family activities.

I hope you take risks that are normally out of your comfort zone.

I hope you take a break from social media and technology for awhile and actually enjoy the world surrounding us.

I hope you listen to music that makes you feel every single type of emotion.

I hope you have the courage to try a trendy, new hairstyle.

I hope you give back to your community.

I hope you attend that thrilling sporting event with someone who is just as crazy about the game as you are.

I hope you have more time to write and create new things.

I hope you are able to work out, eat right and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I hope you try new clothing styles and trends that reflect your personality.

I hope you discover what you are passionate about.

I hope you pick up a new hobby that makes you wonder why you had not done so earlier.

I hope you are able to save up enough money to put towards a big investment.

I hope you spend quality time with your friends while sharing endless laughs and creating new memories with them.

I hope you have time to talk to your loved ones every single day.

I hope you make spontaneous decisions.

I hope you realize your self-worth and all of your potential.

I hope you live each and every day to the fullest.

I hope you have a new year filled with endless possibilities.

Year after year, we have this feeling that it will be our year. However, we sometimes look back at the previous year and dwell on all of the missed opportunities and chances that we should have taken advantage of. We hope that the next year has better things in store. Maybe it will be our time to achieve great success and shine. Maybe it will be our time to make bold moves and sacrifices to get what we want. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Instead of saying “maybe,” perhaps we should start making our dreams become a reality. 2017 has the potential to be something great, however, it is up to you to make it happen. Make 2017 your year.