To The Graduating Class Of 2017

To The Graduating Class Of 2017

Life is what you make it.

12
Altrincham

To the class of 2017: You did it. Congratulations. Whether you just finished high school or college, your next chapter is about to begin. As Dr. Seuss said, “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”

It’s a bit scary, isn’t it? If you’re going away to college, you’re about to leave your hometown and step into a whole new world. College graduates are going out into the ‘real world’ and preparing themselves for true adulthood. It’s tough, but keep your head up.

Life is changing, and that’s okay. My hope for you is that your next chapter is everything you want it to be.

I hope you laugh a little too hard with your friends, stay out a little too late on your adventures, and enjoy the time you have. I hope you don’t forget where you came from, but also look forward to where you’re heading. I hope life treats you well and your good times overshadow the bad. I hope you are happy with your decisions.

Not everything is going to come easy to you, but the start of a new chapter is a completely blank page. It’s your story to write the way you want and do with as you please, and you deserve to write a good one.

So, class of 2017, congratulations once again. Open your arms and embrace life as it comes, and make it how you want it to be.