22 Urban Dictionary Words That Perfectly Sum Up 2017

Who could say it better?

145
Free Republic

Content Warning: It's Urban Dictionary.

If 2016 was a surreal hellscape, 2017 is its dystopian sequel.

How can we even begin to describe it?

Have no fear- the internet is here.

1. Outside

A place with amazing graphics but a shit storyline.

"Man, we could go outside but there's nothing to do."

2. alex jonesin

When you are eagerly awaiting the collapse of society

"Dude now that i have all these weapons I am totaly alex jonesin for New World Order take over.'

3. spicey edit

When telling a story to friends, you realize that the story you are telling isn't as cool as you thought it was when you first started, and decide to edit it with exaggerations or lies to make it sound more interesting.

"So i heard Lexi told Cassandra that she didn't like her anymore and thats why they aren't talking ... spicey edit ... and also because she slept with her boyfriend."

4. bathroom Bill

The real perp: a man who stalks other people in public bathrooms. Due to a huge misunderstanding, many anti-transgender bathroom laws were enacted in an effort to stop him.

"Bathroom Bill was peeking under the stall."

5. broflake

Member of the alt-right who proudly shouts their free-speech warrior credentials but lose their minds when a fellow member is criticized.

"I see a mass of Dave Rubin's broflakes have had Contrapoint's video kicked off YouTube."

6. feeling brexit

When you make a decision you instantly regret.

I voted for Trump because I thought he would be the greatest leader ever, I'm feeling brexit.

7. DeVos'd it

When you completely blow a job interview and still wind up getting the job.

"Hey man how did your job interview go? Dude I totally DeVos'd It but somehow they still offered me the job!"

8. re-accommodate

To beat up and violently drag paying passengers off an airplane in order to make room for airline crew on stand-by.

"I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers." (Oscar Munoz, CEO, United Airlines, April 10, 2017)

9. Kushner eyes

Soulless eyes devoid of compassion, empathy, humor or basic human feeling, most often scanning the perimeter for prey.

"That dead shark has some Kushner eyes."

10. trash dove

Love the dove. Has inspired millions of protesters around the world.

"Man I'm gonna trash dove this Facebook post."

11. tweetplomacy

Noun. Using social media sites such as Twitter to manage foreign relations and conduct diplomatic discussions publicly.

"The new President's tweetplomacy may be transparent domestically, but it could also ruffle feathers abroad."

12. rectoral college

Body of assholes who assemble every four years to confirm chief executive asshole.

"The rectoral college was totally wiped out after a marathon session."

13. manmansplaining

When a man mansplains what "mansplaining" means.

And, I was, like, O.M.G., you're totally manmansplaining the meaning of mansplaining to me.

14. feeling 2016

When everything that can go wrong , goes wrong.

Boss : Where is the financial report Lisa ?
Lisa : I'm feeling 2016 today.Leave me alone.
Boss : I'm sorry. Take the rest of the day off if you want Lisa.

15. jabber woke

to lecture about social injustice, while doing little to create change.

"I friend likes to jabber woke at our cafe, then go home to his hobby ranch."

16. paul ryan

when someone a man you barely know has sex with you and then makes you keep the baby.

"dude she got paul ryan'd"

17. Richard Spencer'd

When you justifiably punch someone in the face.

"Richard Spencer lives in fear of being RIchard Spencer'd after he got Richard Spencer'd during an interview."

18. Congressional Review

To loosely read or breeze through a document, likely missing a fair amount of the information contained within.

"How tough will the upgrade be?
I'm not too sure, I only gave the guide a Congressional Review."

19. but her emails

A not-so-subtle way to change the subject when you are about to be faced with being wrong about something. This is a reference to overlooking many many many problems with donald trump due to the single issue of Hillary Clinton's private email server, and using that reason as both a reason and defense for voting for him. This is currently used by trump voters any time any legitimate fault is found of Mr. trump.

Person A: "Stan, do the dishes."

Person B: "But her emails!"

20. covfefe

When you want to say "coverage" but your hands are too small to hit all the letters on your keyboard.

"Despite the constant negative press coverage, covfefe."

21. in the bushes

When you are physically hiding to avoid an uncomfortable situation

Sean did not want to speak to reporters so he went "in the bushes"

22. I don't recall

When you don't remember your contacts with the Russian ambassador.

"I don't recall." -Jeff Sessions