20 Years Of Being Unapologetically Me

20 Years Of Being Unapologetically Me

Being unapologetically me is about still figuring out who I am, but also understanding that I will figure it all out eventually.

206
20 Years Of Being Unapologetically Me
Kayla Huynh

This week will be the pinnacle of my adulthood — I will be entering my 20s.

I'll be turning 20 soon, and I'm at that awkward stage in life where I think I have it all figured out, but I'm also trying to figure it all out at the same time.

I'll be turning 20 soon, and I know how scary that sounds, but I'm ready to face this next chapter of my life with grace and elegance.

I'll be turning 20 soon, and I often wonder if I'm going in the right direction because everything around me seems to be continuously changing as I get older.

And although I've experienced change in more ways than one, there's one aspect that has remained constant in my (almost) 20 years of life — I have always marched to the beat of my own drum.

I have always been unapologetically me.

Maybe this (almost) 20 years of life has finally given me some insight on my identity, because I've heard that saying before, but never really understood it until recently.

Being unapologetically me is about not giving a f*ck about what others think, and doing what I want because it supports my values, my beliefs and my spirit. It's about doing what I want, when I want and knowing that what I want is both meaningful and important to others and myself.

Being unapologetically me is about knowing that I can do anything I set my mind to, because I am an (almost) 20-year-old who has the passion, courage and enthusiasm to do important things and to make change. It's about knowing that I am valuable, independent and intelligent all at the same time.

I am grateful for these 20 years of life because it has taught me to not take life too seriously and to always be unapologetically me no matter what.