It's crazy to think that I'm going to be 20 years old on the 9th. It seems like yesterday I was wondering around the halls in high school as a freshman, or even middle school. Time goes by so slow, but so fast at the same time (if that makes any sense). I've definitely experienced a lot of good things that have benefited my life, but also very sad things that had me struggling. But it's crazy how many lessons I've learned. Lessons that truly changed my life. So I thought, "Man Jake, you should write 20 things you learned by 20!" and here we are. These 20 things taught me great things and picked me up when I was low and made me realize how valuable life truly is. Not only the negatives, but it made me truly appreciate the positive things that happen. So here we go:
1. Always put God first.
2. Never forget about your family.
3. Take high school seriously and enjoy it. It's such a great and important part of life.
4. Always have a best friend(s). Someone who you can always rely on and go to for everything.
5. Embrace the bad days.
6. Appreciate the good days.
7. Feel blessed to always live another day.
8. Do not force love/relationships. The right one will come.
9. Patience is key. This is very important.
10. Don't change who you are for someone else. Find someone who likes/loves you for who you are.
11. Life isn't all about money.
12. You can't always please everyone.
13. Always look out for your health.
14. No one is perfect. You will make mistakes. Take those as life lessons and make the best out of it.
15. Don't be scared to be emotional. Everyone has a soft spot.
16. Forgive but never forget.
17. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
18. Be blind to skin color.
19. Do what you love to do. Not what others want you to do.
20. Always have the intention to make a positive impact on the world. Make your mark. Be remembered for all the right reasons.
Well, there you have it! I really hope everyone who reads this takes it to heart and realizes how true and important these lessons are. I can guarantee that your life will be much better if you read and learn from this. Now, I can't wait until I'm 30 and give you 10 more life lessons.