20 Things To Remember You Have To Look Forward To, When It Feels Like There's Nothing
Life Stages

Think about it- you're currently one day closer to your next plate of nachos.

83
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuart_spivack/6162059825/

Towards the middle of the semester, it's easy to get overwhelmed and anxious.

Assignments begin to pile up, it seems like there are non-stop tests, and professor assign longer and longer essays. The workload exponentially multiplies week by week. Plain and simple, it's stressful. You sleep less, begin to survive off of instant ramen and cheap coffee, and spend all your free time studying. Worries can pile up, and often, you end up feeling like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. However, no matter how bad things may seem, there's always something good somewhere in the future. That is to say, you always have something to look forward to.

Here are some examples:

1. Your next plate (or platter) of nachos (or fries, or mozzarella sticks, or onion rings...).

Picture by Raizza Vide\u00f1a on Pexels

2. The next dog you'll get to pet.

3. Or the next cat

4. Your next fun night out with friends.

5. Your next vacation.

6. The next perfect grade you get on a test, essay, or project.

7. Your next ice cream sundae or other sweet treat.

8. The next beautiful sunset you'll get to see.

9. Or the next beautiful sunrise.

10. The next holiday you'll celebrate with loved ones.

11. Seeing and spending time with your pets when you come home.

12. Your next birthday and birthday party.

13. The next amazing concert you'll experience.

14. The next time you'll hang out with your best friend.

15. The next time you'll get to eat your favorite food.

16. The next amazing date you'll go on.

17. The next joke you'll hear that will make you laugh so hard you cry.

18. The next time you'll re-read your favorite book.

Photo by andres chaparro from Pexels

19. The next time you'll get to sleep in.

20. How eventually, you'll feel stress-free and 100% happy.

So don't worry. Take a deep breath, grab some coffee, tea, or water, and start tackling your assignments. I promise, eventually you'll get through all your work and things will feel less hectic and overwhelming. While life can definitely get stressful at times, difficult times won't last forever. Life isn't always all smooth sailing and sunny skies, but the good times often outweigh the bad. No matter how stressful midterms get, remember: you got this, and things will begin to get better soon. Life is full of ups and downs, and with every low point, a high point is somewhere around the corner. No matter how bad things seem now, better times are sure to come.