Report this Content
In today’s world, we see a pattern of ungratefulness. Everyone is guilty of it. Somedays, you just don’t think anything can go right and you wonder why your life is so terrible. Well, what we tend to forget is that most of us are way better off than plenty of people in this world. With Thanksgiving coming up, it is a more than appropriate time to conjure up a list of blessings that we either overlook or do not realize how lucky we are to have them. Here are a few of those blessings that will hopefully be a good start to creating your own list of things to be thankful for:
1. The opportunity to receive a secondary level education, even during times of stress.
2. Your mother’s homemade cooking.
3. Having a movie night with friends.
4. Cozy sweaters and socks.
5. The ability to go to a grocery store and buy food that is readily available.
6. The ability to walk and move freely.
7. The fact that we have the internet that can be used to connect with family and loved ones.
8. Being able to actually spend time with family and friends.
9. Music and the gift of being able to express oneself through voice or an instrument.
10. The ability to use all five senses.
11. Personal health and health of family and friends.
12. For those who are different from us. Different cultures provide catalysts for learning and understanding.
13. Being able to spend the holidays with family and loved ones.
14. The gift of faith and the diversity of faiths that are found in this world. These differences provide opportunities for spiritual growth and should not divide us.
16. Taking pictures with friends.
17. Technology. Even though it can be scary, it has helped us understand our world more and more.
18. The comfort and warmth of shelter.
19. The ability to read and write. It’s sad to think that there are people in this world who do not have such abilities.
20. Family and friends. We are all guilty of forgetting how thankful we should be for the love that surrounds us in our lives. It’s practically impossible to imagine our lives without the people who support us daily.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.