20 Things To Do In My 20s

20 Things To Do In My 20s

A decade of excitement!

6
20 Things To Do In My 20s
Luca Upper // Unsplash

This past week I turned 20 years old. I can hardly believe it. I remember being 3 at Chuck-E-Cheese for my birthday or having my 10th birthday at Pump it Up in January because I waited until a couple days before to tell my parents that's what I wanted. It is surreal how time flies by so fast. Since this is the beginning of a new part of my life, I thought to come up with the top 20 things I want to do in my 20s!

* disclaimer - these are in no particular order I want to do them equally! *

1. I want to visit Spain!

The running of the bulls is something that has always fascinated me and I have always wanted to experience the Festival de San Fermin in Pamplona. My family traces their roots back to Spain and I definitely want to connect with the food and the culture of my ancestors.

2. Find a passion in my studies

I am almost halfway through my time at university and I would love to figure out what I want to do with the degree I am working so hard for!

3. Pay off my student loans

Student loans are a great tool for aiding myself through undergrad but they are definitely not something I want to carry with me forever

4. Skydive

I love doing new things and taking risks – it’s exhilarating! Which is why I want to become a certified skydiver.

5. Scuba dive

Among all the things I enjoy doing, being by the water, in the ocean, is my favorite. Scuba diving takes that to a whole new level.

6. Publish my Poetry

For about 8 years now I have been writing consistently and it is one of the talents I have that I am most passionate about. My hope is that before I hit 30 I will have published a compilation of my poems.

7. Visit Italy

Sicily to be specific! My great grandparents emigrated from there to move to America. I have heard amazing things about Italy’s culture and food and it is one of the many things I hope to experience.

8. Graduate!

Graduation is big on this list. My family and I have sacrificed a lot to put me through college. Yes, learning is the goal, but graduating is the icing on the cake. I hope to graduate with a BA in Public Relations!

9. Graduate School

I love to learn, so continuing my higher education is something I am interested in – don’t ask where or exactly for what just yet!

10. Road Trip around the USA!

The history of the United States has always fascinated me and that is why road trip makes the list! I figure I better do it while I am young!

11. Las Vegas

I think I was 3 years old when I first asked my grandparents to take me to Vegas.

12. Make a million dollars

My assistant Dean in high school said something that has always stuck with me. He told us all that if you believe in yourself you have the power to accomplish anything you can imagine. He said that if tell ourselves it will happen it will and he used the example of himself and making a million dollars by the time he turned 23 and since then I have set the same goal.

13. Become 100% eco-friendly

From the car I drive (hopefully a Tesla) to the food I eat I hope I can transition to as close to 100% eco-friendly as possible. This means buying natural food and organic products and making sure I do my part in keeping our world safe!

14. Charter with my Fraternity

At my university, I am the first, First Vice President of Lambda Chi Alpha. This honor and privilege have grown into a passion of mine. Working with the first brothers on our campus – ever, I hope to become a chapter.

15. Give a TED Talk

TED talks have always amazed and inspired me and I hope to be able to do that for someone else.

16. Run a Marathon

About a year ago I started becoming a healthier person which included working out and since then, I have decided one day I will run a marathon. It will be the ultimate “Yes! I did it!”

17. Meet Lana Del Rey

She is my all-time favorite artists!

18. Backpack through Europe

I don’t want you to think I am going to walk it all, I’ll use a Vespa or something! My hope is to learn about the culture of Europe and of course, eat the food!

19. See Snow!

I want to see snow! Growing up in Florida I haven’t the opportunity have a snowball fight, or build a snow fort! And yes, I want to build a snowman.

20. See a show on Broadway!

Hopefully, Beauty and the Beast!

It is crazy that I have been alive for 20 years. I have had some astounding memories and I cannot wait to make more! What are some of your favorite memories? What is are some of the things you are looking to do over the next decade? Comment below!