20 Things To Do This Summer For $10 Or Under In Minnesota

Here are twenty things to do this summer for ten dollars or under in Minnesota.

36
New Evolution Designs

Whether you need ideas of things to do this summer or are trying to save money, here are twenty things you can do this summer for $10 or under in Minnesota.

Author's Note: Some of these ideas can be done no matter where you live and aren't exclusive to Minnesota.

1. Enjoy seeing animals and a flower conservatory at Como Zoo.

Price: $0

Spend a nice summer day walking around Como Zoo and Conservatory without paying any entrance fees. With various animals, walking paths through beautiful outdoor gardens, and a gorgeous conservatory, you can't beat the scenery or the price.

2. Watch for your favorite coffee shops to have special deals this summer.

Price: 2 for $5 (tall)

Most coffee shops will have some sort of buy one get one free or other discounts on their drinks over the summer. For example, Starbucks has a buy one get one free frappuccino promotion (or frappuccino happy hour) every summer. However, the dates vary from year to year. Be sure to watch for offers from your favorite coffee shop.

3. Walk the trail at Minnehaha Falls.

Price: $0

Although it's free to walk the trail at Minnehaha Falls, this price doesn't reflect parking. Get there early for the best parking selection.

Spend some time seeing the waterfall and walking the trail at Minnehaha Falls. Bring your walking shoes as the trail is pretty long. The beach at the end of the trail is worth it.

4. Watch fireworks from the Stone Arch Bridge on July 4th.

Price: $0

Despite the event itself, parking can get more expensive downtown over the 4th of July. For best parking prices, park your car at least four hours before the fireworks even start. It gets very busy, very fast.

5. Visit Lake Calhoun.

Price: $0

Again, this price doesn't reflect parking. However, you may be able to score a free street parking spot when visiting Lake Calhoun.

6. Climb the top of the cave and visit Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater.

Price: $0

Depending on where you live in Minnesota in relation to Stillwater, this may be a bit of a drive. For this reason, gas prices aren't taken into consideration.

Stillwater is filled with various things to do. Everything from boat tours to cute little shops and restaurants—you can't go wrong with a trip to Stillwater. There's even a haunted cave that you can go visit! It's free to climb to the top of the haunted cave and see the view (first picture). In addition, you can pay a fee and tour the haunted cave yourself. Also, if you have younger siblings or nanny kids, Teddy Bear Park is a great place to bring them with their various slides and attractions.

7. Have frozen yogurt at Menchies in St. Paul.

Price: $3-$10

8. Go to Taylor's Falls.

Price: $0

Again, gas and/or parking costs are not accounted for.

9. Take a road trip to Lake Superior, Duluth and Two Harbours.

Price: $0

10. Have a picnic.

Price: $10 (food & drink)

When purchasing the food, check out your grocery store's weekly ad for coupons.

11. Check out Chutes and Ladders Park (Hyland Play Area) in Bloomington.

Price: $0

Not only do they have this epic playground but they also have outdoor exercise equipment, a dock for fishing, and multiple walking trails.

12. See a movie after 5 pm.

Price: $5-$9

This price will vary from theater to theater. Be sure to check out your local theater's website for the most accurate price reflections.

13. Receive a free makeover from Sephora-eyes, lips, or face.

Price: $0

That's right. You read this right. Just ask any store associate and they will give you a free eyes, lips, or face makeover while explaining what they're doing.

14. Host an at home movie night.

Price: $10

15. Relax with an at-home spa night.

Price: $10

Create a relaxing at home spa day for just $10. There are multiple ways that this can be done depending on what you want to splurge on. For example, purchasing a bath bomb from Lush will cost you between $7-$8 which will only leave you with about $2 left over. However, look to see what you already have at home.

16. Visit the Walker Arts Center and the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden-Set to reopen this June!

Price: $9 with Student ID

17. Walk around at a local farmer's market.

Price: $0

18. Rent a book from the public library.

Price: $0

Yes, library's do still exist. Is there a book that's coming out but you aren't sure if you should buy it? Request it from any public library around Minnesota and read it for free.

19. Decorate mason jars.

Price: $10

Decorate mason jars that can be used as room accessories, gifts, or function as a makeup holder.

20. Visit the Mall of America for their 25th birthday bash party.

Price: $10(at most)

https://www.mallofamerica.com

Attend the Mall of America's 25th birthday bash and grab a cupcake at "Buddy", the new bakery opening on the 2nd floor in the Culinary section (new expansion portion). Also, a lot of retailers tend to have special sales going on as well.