20 Things I've Learned From The First 2 Months Of College

2 months down, 4 years to go.

18
comerecommended.com

So much has already happened at college, and it's only been 2 months!! It is sometimes hard to find time to sit down and actually think about all we have already learned within those first few months, but it is definetely important to take a moment and realize all we have accomplished within this time. The first few months of college are daunting for everyone involved. Whether it is scary to think about being away from home, having a roommate, or the new classes, college is without a doubt intimidating. But now that we have all made the leap from home to independence, I hope most of us can say that we are out on the other side of the transition as stronger human beings.

1. You do not need to be living at home to be close to your family.

2. Your pets will not forget they love you when you do go back home.

3. It is not that hard to maintain high school friendships while at college. Although you are all at separate schools, social media and face timing are always great ways to catch up!

4. Prioritize who is really important to you. Because college is the first time to move away from the high school in which you spent the last four years, you can reach out to whoever you want from your past. It does not have to be a forced relationship, but it is up to you to pick your own friends.

5. Time is a precious thing. There are 24 hours in the day, so make the most of them! It is important to fit in time for school, friends, family and self. With so much on our busy plates, it is essential to manage our time wisely.

6. Friendships are made everywhere. Everyone in college is looking for friendship and connection so it is important to never rule anyone out as a potential friend.

7. Netflix is the cure to all stress.

8. Walking to class in cold weather is the worst thing in the world.

9. A picture is worth a thousand words. College has so many fun moments so make sure to never hesitate when out with friends to capture the moment on a camera.

10. Laundry isn't that hard to do on your own .

11. Coffee is the cure to everything. Whether it is a long night of homework or a long day ahead, a good cup of coffee is a guaranteed way to make your day a little brighter.

12. The only time I will ever take a fast shower is in the dorm shower.

13. Procrastination, especially with papers, will always happen.

14. The shuttle is my best friend. Whether it is a trip to the mall or the city, the shuttle allows a large group of people to get from one place to another in a timely and safe manner.

15. Clubs are a lot more work than high school. This is definetely not a bad thing! In high school, clubs were more of an after school thing and that was it. However, in college, clubs require a lot more individual work.

16. There is no place like home. The definition of "home" can change for everyone. Whether it is your dorm, the library, or your actual house, college makes you realize where it is that you call "home".

17. Hard work really does pay off. Whether it is meeting with a professor or staying up an extra hour to work on an assignment, college requires a lot of independent motivation to finish assignments. But, at the end of the day, the harder you work, the better you do.

18. The "freshman 15" is real. It is really easy to make poor choices in college. The fried food and bakery seem so tempting, but it is important to prioritize health.

19. Everyone has their own definition of "fun". Whether it is going out every weekend or staying in with friends, finding the balance between trying new things but also not pushing yourself too far out of your comfort zone is essential.

20. Dorm decorations are a never ending job. There can always be things added to the wall or bulletin board to help improve the dorm's style.