20 Things I've Learned In My 20 Years

Another year older and another year wiser. Welcoming adulthood is a milestone I'm excited I've finally reached. Within my 20 years of existence, I've learned a couple of things here and there....

1. If you aren’t living life on the edge, you’re taking up too much space. Live a little. Take some chances.

2. There is always a reason. Whether or not you understand the reason now or at a later time, there is one. Nothing happens without cause. Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

3. If things are meant to be, they’ll happen, if they aren’t, then they won’t.

4. Talk is cheap. Especially when actions speak volumes louder than words.

5. A true friendship will withstand the good, the bad, and the ugly. Real friends don’t give up on one another, no matter how difficult things get.

6. You are in charge of your own happiness. Happiness is a choice.

7. A woman who does not seek, nor require validation from anyone else is the most feared individual. Confidence is key.

8. A person who truly values you, would never put themselves in a position to lose you in the first place.

9. No matter what, always stand like a rock in matters of principle.

10. It’s CENTRIPITAL, not CENTRIFICAL force….

11. No matter what happens, keep your chin up. Some people will judge you, some will despise you, some will knock you down any change they get, some will hurt you, some will try to break you, and some will lie to your face. But you have to keep your chin up. You keep doing you, boo.

12. Be spontaneous. Say yes more often. Try new things. You’ll surprise yourself.

13. Cut negative people out of your life immediately. They do nothing but pull you down.

14. College is a circus. Some days you’re walking the tight rope, some days you’re juggling seven different things, and other days, you’re jumping through rings of fire.

15. Taylor Swift is always the move.

16. Quality always beats quantity everyday. Always.

17. Stand up for what you believe in. In life, there will always be people who oppose you, so don’t let those people intimidate you. Be a voice and not merely just an eco.

18. Swallow your pride and own up to your mistakes. An apology can go a long way sometimes.

19. When in doubt, red lipstick.

20. Work your ass off to achieve your dreams. It's worth it, no matter how hard the up hill battle may seem. Don't let anyone stand in your way of success.