Finishing my first year of college taught me a lot of things that I wanted to include in this article and I hope they help you in your freshman year of college.
1. Those friends that went away to different schools you thought you would stay friends with will change
2. Your friend group will change
3. People aren't always who you think they are
4. It's hard to trust a lot of people
5. Study with a group
6. Don't buy all the recommended books for the class
7. You have a clean slate
8. You will be extremely busy- time management is important
9. Make friends with everyone you can
10. Always check ratemyprofessor.com before taking the class
11. Never forget your headphones
12. If you're confused don't be afraid to ask for help
13. It's okay to stay in rather than going out all the time
14. Freshman fifteen isn't a myth
15. It's okay to change your major- a lot of people do it
16. You will always be tired
17. Take advantage of every free thing you can get
18. Always use the buddy system
19. Take as many notes as possible
20. Use a planner or calendar- Trust me, it will help you more than you think.
I hope these 20 things I learned in my freshman year of college help you with yours!