20 Things I Forgot To Thank My Mom For

20 Things I Forgot To Thank My Mom For

sometimes we forget to thank our parents for all of the things they have done for us

38
20 Things I Forgot To Thank My Mom For
Kelsey Higgins

My mom is undoubtably the most beautiful person in my world. I may be biased but she is spectacular at being a mom and I really am blessed to be her daughter. There are so many things that we as daughters, and sons forget to thank our parents for. Here are 20 things Id like to remind my mom how thankful I am for her. Here's to you, the Moms, because you made this life possible.

"All That I am, And ever Hope to be I owe to my Angel Mother"

-Abraham Lincoln

1. Thank you for your unwavering support in everything I do, even if I'm not doing it well. You have supported, maybe even subtly pushed me to each and every move I have made in order to make sure my future is bright.

You continuously support me even when I'm doing something you don't agree with, and not everyone is able to do that.

2. Thank you for letting me fall and experience my own mistakes. By doing so you have made me so much stronger.

3. Thank you for telling me that dress looked bad on me, because if you wouldn't tell me no one else was going to.

4. Thank you for moving me into each and every dorm room, house or apartment I have and will ever live in. You're the best and cheapest mover I have met.

5. Thank you for your endless creativity and giving me the constant urge to do new things.

6. Thank you for making sure each and every birthday I celebrate is more special than the last one, even if you aren't there for it.

7. Thank you for always reminding me how beautiful I am. Because even when I'm feeling down about myself you're there to pick me up.

8. Thank you for not judging me when I confess I've done something unbelievably stupid and helping me move past it.

9. Thank you for pushing me to do more than settle with my life, because you're right, I do deserve more.

10. Thank you for un-friending the girls who have been mean to me and letting me cry on the phone while you listen, because sometimes you have a hard day, a hard year or a hard week and all you need is your mom.

11. Thank you for always being involved in each and every single thing that I do and did. From playing soccer for one year, badly, to helping me decide which clubs to join in college, you were there.

12. Thank you for letting me have my own sense of style, although I think you are fab, I was able to come into my own and I thank you for that.

13. Thank you for laughing at all my jokes and telling all your friends how funny you think I am.

14. Thank you for instilling within me a sense of wanderlust, making me realize that exploring the world is a gift and to make sure I take advantage of that gift.

15. Thank you for giving me a beautiful life, making sure we had everything you didn't while making sure we were aware of how lucky we are.

16. Thank you for going to the doctors office with me even when they threaten to hold me down because I hate needles (still).

17. Thank you for always reminding me, even if Dad isn't as soft and cuddly as you are, he loves me just as much and would give up his world to make sure mine was amazing.

18. Thank you for always forgiving me even when I don't deserve it. Sometimes I say things Im not proud of but you're always the first to reach out.

19. Thank you for making sure I didn't dwell on the past, on friends, boyfriends or schools. Making me realize that moving forward is the only way to go.

20. Thank you for being you. You are the best person in my world and I am blessed to be your daughter. I appreciate each and everything that you do for me, and for our family.

This is for my beautiful mother! You know who you are, thanks for being my best pal. You are the Lorelai to my Rory, the Lucy to my Ethel, the R2D2 To my C-3PO.