20 Things That All Tall People Can Relate To

Yes, the weather is fine up here.

290

Tall people are the butt of many jokes: "How's the weather up there?" comes to mind. We always get asked how tall we are, then asked if we're sure of it. There are good things that come from being tall, and they are lovely, but with the blessing of being tall there are many shortcomings as well. If you're taller than 5' 10", you can relate.

1. We don't need help reaching things.

We don't mind helping other who can't reach, just ask politely. The top shelf can be daunting for shorter folk.

2. We can utilize every shelf in the cabinet.

That top shelf that people put things they never use? That's our prime real estate. The top of the fridge and the cabinets above it are fair game as well.

3. We rarely have to use the visor while driving.

The only time the sun gets in my eyes is at sunrise or sunset.

4. People don't really mess with you.

People usually don't test someone they're shorter than.

5. You rarely have to look up to someone.

This is wonderful in the workplace when you need to be assertive.

6. You can stand behind everyone and still see what's going on.

Back row at the concert? No big deal.

7. Swimming pools are really just wading pools.

The 'deep end' isn't very deep.

8. We don't have to spend money on step stools.

If we need to get higher, we resort to chairs.

9. You can easily keep track of your friends in crowded areas.

You also get used as a beacon in a crowd. Everyone regroup at the tall guy.

10. Stores usually have our shoe sizes.

I think I couldn't find my size... once?

11. Ducking.

This starts to get annoying very quickly. I'll be walking, looking the other direction, then a tree branch appears out of nowhere and assaults my face.

12. Leg room.

This is both good and bad; we usually get the front seat, but there's no room in the back.

13. Airplanes.

Why is it that whenever I fly on a plane, everyone reclines their chair in front of me, restricting the room I barely have?

14. Hugs can be awkward.

When I have to bend over to hug my girlfriend's family, my shoulder goes straight into their faces and my ass sticks out. It doesn't look normal.

15. Forget about taking a bath.

Showers for life.

16. Shopping for clothes is a nightmare.

The sleeves fit, but the torso is too long. The torso fits, but the sleeves are too short. My pant size is a dying breed.

17. Conversations can be hard to listen to.

Don't get mad that I can't hear you, it's not my fault that you're talking to my chest.

18. If you have a short friend, forget taking selfies with them.

Either you don't fit in the frame, or they don't. I hate crouching for pictures.

19. Dancing.

As a tall, lanky guy, this doesn't work.

20. Things that are normal sized for you, are huge for everyone else.