20 Signs You Are Obsessed With Disney World

Because Disney World is bae.

587

Disney World, located in Orlando, Florida, is literally the happiest place on Earth. Magical, whimsical, and filled with hidden Mickeys! I guess I’m biased. My family and I have been going to the Mouse House twice a year since I was two years old. Let’s just say I could give you directions around Disney World better than I could around towns in Jersey! How, you ask? Well, I guess it’s time to admit it… I have an obsession with Disney World, and I’m completely okay with that. So, are you a Disney addict too?

1. As a Disney fanatic, you may or may not (more like may), actually check wait times for rides while you’re home. OK, so for my last trip to the World, I was checking the app for wait times on rides for a solid week before I went and a week after I returned. I guess I need Disney Obsessed Anonymous or something #judgeme. So what if I wanted to know the wait time for Splash Mountain as I was writing an analysis paper on Plato?
  2. The planning part of your trip literally takes up TOO much of your time. Okay, I may have stayed up until 3 a.m. planning dinner reservations and ride Fastpasses when I should have been sleeping since I had an 8:30 class the next day. Whoops!
  3. You plan future trips at random moments in time and start thinking about the next vacay even before you go. Guilty as charged on this one. I actually decided I was going to Disney World last time while I was bored at a movie theater. Basically, I was bored, I wanted to research Disney stuff; less than a week later…it was all booked. Oopsies (not).
  4. Disney World makes you cry! Alright, alright. Not everyone will admit to this one, but I’m proud of it! I legitimately cried during the Magic Kingdom fireworks and when I saw a woman getting proposed to on Main Street USA. Uhm, can we all just note that it is the happiest place on Earth…happy tears, happy tears.
  5. When you haven’t been to the World in awhile, everything will remind you of it! Whether it’s the clouds you see driving on the highway resembling a Mickey head or a certain food scent reminding you of Magic Kingdom, it’s bound to happen (well, to me anyway).
  6. Disney World is the only time and place you don’t mind waking up at 7 a.m. I mean, after all, you want to soak up that Florida sun before it gets too stifling and you know you’re doomed if you miss your Fastpass time.
  7. When someone says they don’t like Disney, you automatically question their integrity as a human being. Excuse me, are you even human? Nope, you’re just a Grinch. #sorrynotsorry
  8. A Disney trip is not complete until you buy a pair of ears, some character themed pens, and partake in some form of pin trading.
  9. Extra magic hours in the morning or at night make you giddy, because what else could be better than spending more time among the princesses and Mickey crew? Nothing.
  10. You can automatically sense if a restaurant changed a recipe or if a ride has been modified. I mean, who doesn’t know the whole song during the Ariel show? Or what about that awesome chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from Sleepy Hollow?
  11. People who don’t go to Disney a lot ask you for advice on planning. Well, after all, you could navigate the parks without a map, could tell them firework times, and also which restaurants to hit up!
  12. As soon as you walk down Main Street in Magic Kingdom and you see the castle, you MUST stop and take a picture of it. Even though you have about 1,000 shots of the castle at all different angles and times of day.
  13. The pure joy on a child’s face going on their first Disney trip reminds you of the first time you went to the World and stood in line for three hours in the sweltering heat to get Minnie Mouse’s autograph.
  14. Speaking of autograph….you have about 15 filled autograph books and you look at the signatures of each character and try to see how different they look compared to other trips. Or is that just me?
  15. You know all of the best places to get snacks! After all, diet food and Disney World just doesn’t jive. I mean, how could you pass up a turkey leg, Mickey ear ice cream bar, or the pineapple Dole Whip?
  16. You immediately have a bond with someone when they say they’re a Disney fan like you. I mean, I don’t care if it’s in a grocery store line, Target, or at a bar…a fellow Disney fan knows what life’s all about.
  17. Holidays in Disney World make you feel like nothing is wrong in the world. I mean, one time I went during Halloween. October 31st, Magic Kingdom extra magic hours (12 a.m.), the park is decked out in autumn leaves and Mickey pumpkin heads galore. 9 a.m. Magic Kingdom the next morning…Christmas garland, Santa hats, and trees adorned with lights and ornaments. Question: how does it transform that fast? Pixie dust, duh!
  18. Watching Disney surprise trip videos on YouTube makes you excited, happy, jealous, and tearful at the same time. If you haven’t done this, please do!
  19. Even if you’re grown now, you can’t get enough of character dinners and you know all of their names. I mean hello, Mickey and friends shaped your childhood!
  20. You cry when heading out to the airport and wave goodbye to the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign because it’s too much for you to handle (even though you’ll be back before you know it!).

So there’s that. I can guarantee some of you need to check into Disney Rehab. But hey, there’s nothing wrong with that. After all, whether you're 5 or 55, I can promise you that Disney World will make your day and life just a little more magical!