20 Life Reminders Every 20-Something Needs

"It is not selfish to love yourself."

15
Flickr

The late teenage years and early twenties are complicated, to say the least.

These are times where you are still trying to figure out who you are and what you are going to do, which often leaves you with doubts and insecurities. I am all about self-love. I believe we must love ourselves before we can accept love from others. It can be difficult, especially if you allow negative people into your life, but it is very attainable.

Every morning, we need to wake up, look in the mirror, and tell ourselves these 20 things because we are all important and cannot let ourselves forget it:

1. Your mind is a powerful force when you fill it with positive thoughts.

2. Do not be limited by the judgment of others.

3. Inside of you is every possibility ever known.

4. Do not compare yourself to others.

5. You are not designed for everyone to like you.

6. Speak your mind.

7. Accept the things you cannot change.

8. Indulge and treat yourself.

9. You are brave and fearless and bold and strong.

10. Let go of the people who do not know how great you are.

11. Know who you are and know it is enough.

12. Smile to yourself, smile at a stranger, smile with your family and friends, just smile.

13. Focus on your own success and achievements.

14. Everything is so beautiful when you stop looking for flaws.

15. You are significant and you matter.

16. Only you know your limits.

17. Do not let anyone take away your peace.

18. Know your goals and never stop reaching for them.

19. Never doubt who you are.

20. It is not selfish to love yourself.