20 Stages Of A Period Every Girl Experiences

Making jokes about menstrual cycles are not funny. Period.

59
InsideHigherEd

Every month women go through a week of hell when our uterus has a Texas Chainsaw Massacre going on down there. I say this in the nicest way possible, but it is gross. When I say "gross," I mean we are wonderfully disgusting. To accurately describe what women go through, these 20 images should paint the picture for you. Let's find humor in our tragedy ladies!

1. Pre-period cramps are the start of it

These are such a tease.

2. Some of us get our periods early

I wasn't prepared for this! Now I have to change my outfit and go to the store and buy tampons!

3. Some of us get it late

Always ready to jump to conclusions, even after only being late by one day.

4. And some of us get it on time

#blessed

5. Then you actually get your period

Fair warning, stay away!

6. And you become an emotional wreck

One second you're happy and then you're sad.

7. And then you become angry about everything

Uh oh...

8. Then you consume everything in sight

And you are happy again... but not for long.

9. And become so bloated

Me: I'm not that bloated Inner Me: You're fatter than a cow

10. And nothing fits

*Wears same two pairs of sweats and leggings all week*

11. And you have to avoid whites and bright colored clothes

All black everything or nothing.

12. And you can't get comfortable at night

Cranky B alert!

13. There's always a risk of staining your underwear

You got this girl. Legs closed tight together and waddle your way to the bathroom.

14. And don't even get me started on your mortal enemy: sneezing

Damn it! Not again!

15. But don't forget about your pimples

They're the worst. They spawn on your face, chest, and even down under. Ugh.

16. At the end of the week, sometimes we think our periods are over

It's too good to be true.

17. And then...

They're not.

18. When they finally end, we couldn't be happier

Happy dance your butt off!

19. Sometimes people get lucky and their period ends before an important event

This never happens for me...

20. And then there are people who barely experience any of these symptoms...

Screw you.