20 Quotes To Remember In Life

20 Quotes To Remember In Life

quotes to remind, motivate, and inspire

1006
20 Quotes To Remember In Life
The Office

So many memorable words have been said by people since humans began, so how do you determine what the “best” quotes are? Well, you don’t. It’s impossible. Every time you decide upon the “20 best quotes” you’ll come across another quote that is on the same level as the one before it so then you have 21, and the list just goes on. So instead of picking the “best” quotes, I’ve decided upon twenty quotes (in no particular order) that it wouldn't hurt to keep in mind while are living this crazy thing called "life." Chances are, you’ve probably heard a decent majority of these quotes at least once in your life, but a little reminder never hurt anyone.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss said it best. We should always be true to ourselves, and those who truly care about us will love us for exactly who we are, and if they don't, we don't need them anyway.

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” ~Wayne Gretzky

We will never succeed if we don't try. We have to choose to take action to work towards our goals. We won't always be successful with every shot, but its better to miss a few by trying than to miss all of them by not even giving it a shot.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” ~Proverbs 3:5

God is working in our lives, and we must put our faith in him and trust him. He knows what he is doing, and we must not depend on our own ability, but look to God for what he is calling us to do.

“No one who ever gave his best regretted it.” ~George Halas

If we don't give our best, then we may walk away wishing we had done more. But, we can go out and give our absolute best at anything we do, then even if we fail, we know that we did the very best we could, and we have nothing to regret.

“The best revenge is massive success.” ~Frank Sinatra

Keep your priorities straight and focus on your success. If you succeed and work to better yourself, then you are getting better revenge than you would from wronging the person who wronged you.

“He who knows most, knows best how little he knows.” ~Thomas Jefferson

In this quote, TJ is acknowledging that the smartest people are the ones who realize that we are never done learning, and there is always so much more that we don't know.

“Do or do not, there is no try.” ~Yoda

Put your heart into whatever you are going to do and commit yourself to doing it. If we say that we will "try" to do something, it is saying that we are potentially not capable of doing a task and we are doubting ourselves. By just saying that we will do something rather than try, we are entrusting confidence in ourselves to complete the task.

“There’s a big, wonderful world out there for you. It belongs to you. It’s exciting and stimulating and rewarding. Don’t cheat yourselves out of this promise.” ~Nancy Reagan

If we don't take advantage of all the world has to offer us, then we are only cheating ourselves.This is our life to live and we should make the most out of it.

“I hope you live a life you’re proud of.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Live your life for you. Do what makes you happy and proud. Don't live your life the way other people want you to live it; live your life in the way that you can be proud of when your time here is done.

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” ~Aesop

An act of kindness may not mean much to you, but it could mean the world to someone else. We should not think about how it will affect us or what we will get in return. We simply do what we can and walk away knowing that that act no matter how big or small, helped out someone else.

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ~Gandhi

Live your life to the fullest and take every opportunity as if it were going to be your last. Learn as much as you can and never stop learning as if your life would last forever.

“Being happy never goes out of style.” ~Lilly Pulitzer

From the original designer of our fav prints, Lilly reminds us that happiness is a way of life and that it will always be "in."

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~C. S. Lewis

This is your life to live how you want to live it. No matter your age, you can always do and experience more in life, so set new goals, dream new dreams, and go out and fulfill them.

“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” ~Henry Ford

Failure isn't always a bad thing; it is a key step to success. Sometimes, we learn the most by failing, and it sets us up to start again with the knowledge that we learned.

“The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” ~Audrey Hepburn

This goes along with a couple of the other quotes above, but it is so important. Live your life to be happy and enjoy it. We only get one chance in life, so make the most of it and live it in a way that make you happy.

“Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you, no one would believe it.” ~Unknown

Your reputation is a reflection of who you are. While we should live to make ourselves happy and not really care what those who don't matter think, we should still live in a way that makes us the best version of ourselves.

“The past can hurt; but you can either run from it, or learn from it.” ~The Lion King

In life we will have mistakes, trials, and tribulations, but we can and should learn from those low or not-so-great points in life to better ourselves and our future.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” ~Eleanor Roosevelt

If we feel uncertain of ourselves, we are opening ourselves up to be made inferior by the remarks or comments of others. Be confident in who you are and what others say won't matter.

“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game” ~Babe Ruth

If you don't try and you turn away because you are scared you will fail, you are just letting a challenge stop you. Work to beat that challenge and if you fail, then chances are you've learned something along the way, but you may just surprise yourself and succeed.

“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, his love endures forever” ~Psalm 136:1

Repeat after me: "God is good. All the time. All the time. God is good." Recognize that God is indeed good, all the time. Give thanks to the Lord for always being good to us. Know that God will always love you.

Live by these quotes and maybe one day you'll live a life where people want to quote you.