20 Pieces Of Advice For Your 20s, From Millennials In Their 20s

"Everyday is a new beginning."- My mom

97121
Max Pixel

As a 19-year-old turning 20 soon, I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of the best advice people have received during their 20s or about their 20s!

I’ve heard that your 20’s are some of the hardest, but most enjoyable times of your life.

Here are 20 great pieces of advice for your 20s.

1. “Boys don’t wanna be ‘just friends.’”- Tori

2. “If people gossip with you, they will gossip about you.”- Emmie

3. “Please yourself before you please everyone else. You will be a lot happier.”- Kally

4. “Focus on yourself first. Get through school, get a job, and someone will find you and then you can go kick ass together.”- Allison

5. “Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing. Just focus on what you want, and the rest will follow.”- Emina

6. “Don’t take unsolicited advice from others on personal matters. You have people that you trust. Trust them. Learn from them. Make your own mistakes. However, don’t be influenced by people who haven’t earned that trust.”- Shawn

7. “In the final assessment, relationships are what really matter.”- Ryan

8. “Accept all of your emotions. Feel everything. You don’t always have to act on them, but allow yourself to accept how you’re feeling and move on.”- Dusty

9. “To focus on yourself, this time is about you and only you.”- Olivia

10. “Fake it 'til you make it.”- Kyle

11. “’If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.’"- Jacob

12. “You don’t have to have your whole life figured out right now. Mess up as much you can, fail at things, get to know yourself. No one else has things figured out and you never really will have everything figured out. You just need to ride the wave of life.”- Kylee

13. “’Be IN the picture, even if you don't like how you look because one day that's all you'll have.’”- Devon

14. “Don’t get married until you have done all the traveling you want to.”- Jacki

15. “Stress is what YOU make of it. Stressful situations will always occur in a lifetime and in your twenties those challenges may feel heavier than normal, but it is your reaction to a situation that creates the outcome. Sometimes you won't have control over a situation, but you have control over how you get through it and learn from it.”- Nicole

16. “Experience life and don’t live a sheltered life. Experiences are more important than material items.”- Aaron

17. “People come into your life when they need a friend, but are often the first to leave when you need someone. The ones who stay, become family.”- Rachel

18. “This is all temporary.”- Tarah

19. "It's good to be nervous when using judgment.”- Katarina

20. “In order to move forward, you must have setbacks.”- Julia