20 Life Changing Early 2000s Songs That Are Still Straight Bops

You looked forward to seeing these music videos on TRL.

630
YouTube | @FergieVEVO

The early 2000's make up an era of historic pop culture, incredible fashion, and unforgettable music. You know you spend hours upon hours downloading the most high-quality version of your favorite songs on Limewire to create the perfect mix CDs and mp3 playlists.

Here's a list of 20 life-changing 2000s bops that were probably your Myspace song at one point or the most played song on your MP3 player.

1. So Yesterday - Hilary Duff

This song had you moving on from a guy that didn't even exist.

When Hilary sang, “If you're moving on, I'm already gone.

If the light is off then it isn't on." You felt that in your soul.

2. 7 Things - Miley Cyrus

This is the song you dedicated to your 6th-grade boyfriend when he didn't put you on his top friends on Myspace.

Not to mention, that the music video for this song confirmed that Niley was in fact real. Everyone was shooooook.

3. She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5

This song made you fall in love with Adam Levine.

4. Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

This song was the intro to the first reality show you ever binged before streaming on Netflix was even a thing.

5. DONTTRUSTME - 3OH!3

This was your Myspace song and you quoted " Tell your boyfriend if he says he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian and I'm not f--- scared of him!" on your status at least once.

6. Complicated - Avril Lavigne

This song had you writing in your diary and wearing a little too much eyeliner.

7.The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

You listened to this song when things were not going your way, in attempt to remind yourself everything was going to be just fine.

8. Pieces of Me - Ashlee Simpson

You watched her reality show and you loved how reckless she was.

9. Fergalicious - Fergie

This song made you feel great.

10. Leave (Get Out) - JoJo

This song caused you to break up with your nonexistent boyfriend.

11. Why Not - Hilary Duff (Lizzie Mcguire Soundtrack)

This song taught you that you would never get to heaven or even to LA if you didn't believe there was a way.

12. Get Ur Freak On - Missy Elliott

Every song by Missy Elliott had you feeling empowered and dancing in front of the mirror in your room.

13. Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World

This song started playing as Austin Ames ran off the field to go after Sam and you cried.

14. Goodies - Ciara

You choreographed dances with your friends to at least 3 of Ciara's songs. Everyone wanted to dance like Ciara.

15. In Da Club - 50 Cent

You weren't even old enough to know what the club was but this was still such a bop.

You still play this song every year on your birthday.

16. Mandy - Jonas Brothers

You wanted to be Mandy so bad.

17. Crush - David Archuleta

You had the biggest crush on one of your friends and secretly dedicated this song to them.

18. Let Me Love You - Mario

This song had you deep in your feelings.

It's 2018 and this song is still one of your go-to karaoke songs.

19. Misery Business - Paramore

This is the song that had you make the switch from Hollister to Hot Topic.

20. Toxic - Britney Spears

You wanted to be Britney Spears.

She invented pop culture.