10 Lessons From Broadway Shows

10 Lessons From Broadway Shows

Billy Elliot: You don't have to stick to the norm.

50
10 Lessons From Broadway Shows
Personal Photo

Theatre has always been a huge part of my life. Broadway shows, in particular, have impacted my life tremendously. I honestly don't know where I'd be without musicals and theatre. Here are 10 Broadway Shows that have impacted my life:

1. Les Miserables

This show taught me many lessons but my favorite lesson from this show was about love.

2. Wicked

Wicked has taught me that sometimes you have to let go of things "for good" even if you really love them and that anyone can "Defy Gravity" if they trust their instincts

3. Billy Elliot

Billy Elliot is probably my favorite Broadway Musical. This show has taught me that you don't have to stick to the norm. You can take a predominately masculine activity even if you're a girl and you can take part in a predominately feminine activity even though you're a man.

4. Newsies

Newsies taught me that if you fight for what you believe in, you can shine!

5. On Your Feet

Who doesn't love Gloria Estefan? This show was the story of Gloria's life. This show taught me that even when you go through something hard, you can bounce back from it.

6. Pippin

Pippin is one of the deepest shows I've ever seen. This show taught me that there are so many people influencing your life constantly and sometimes those influences can drive you nuts! Life isn't always about having the best of the best. You can find pure happiness through the small things.

7. Kinky Boots

Kinky Boots has taught me that it is ok to try new things because it could help you be successful in the end!

8. Hairspray

Hairspray has taught me that no matter what shape, size, or race you are, you can do anything together as a whole!

9. The Color Of Purple

The Color of Purple has taught me that you need to stand up for yourself eventually and no gender is better than the other.

10. Matilda

(I saved the best for last) Matilda taught me that "Even though you're little you can do a lot!"