20 "Last" Things To Do For An App State Senior

177
Google Images

With less than two weeks until graduation, there will be a lot of "lasts" that you will definitely miss when you leave Boone. Here's a bucket list of things to do in your last few weeks as a Mountaineer to make sure you make the best of it.

1. $2 Tacos at the TApp Room

On Wednesday, go to the TApp Room for $2 chicken or BBQ tacos.

2. Coffee from Stick Boy Bread Company

Swing by Stick Boy for a local coffee and a sticky bun. You won't regret all the sugar and caffeine.

3. Supreme Breakfast Burrito from WrApps in Roess Dining Hall.

You have to get one last supreme breakfast burrito in the upper part of Central. Your "summer bod" can wait.

4. Ride on the Parkway & Hike Rough Ridge

Keep "living on the edge" and go take one last picture as a student at Rough Ridge. Then keep driving on the Parkway with your windows down!

5. Go swimming at Trash Can Falls or Upper Creek Falls

Go to a local swimming hole or waterfall. Take that leap that you've been avoiding all four years!

6. Watch the sunset

Go to Caldwell Community College on the 105 Bypass or to Price Lake on the Parkway to watch the sunset.

7. Cinnamon Sensation from Macado's

Go to Macado's for dessert and have a warm cinnamon roll topped with ice-cream. They're the special on Friday!

8. Comeback Shack

Before you "come back" to Boone as an alumni, get a burger, shake, or styled fries from Comeback Shack.

9. Cone Manor

Take pictures at Cone Manor and maybe even hike the loop around Bass Lake to see it.

10. Slack Line on Sanford Mall

You've been dying to walk on the slack line every year. Now's the time!

11. Grasshopper or a Turtle from the library

Try one of the specialty drinks from the library coffee shop or Crossroads in the Student Union.

12. Appalachia Cookie Company

Get a dozen of your favorites or try a cookie you've never tried before.

13. Brunch at Melanie's, Troy's Diner, or Sunrise Grille

You can't go wrong with breakfast food at any of these local places. Try the Potato Madness from Melanie's, the chocolate chip pancakes from Troy's, or the Eggs Benedict from Sunrise Grille.

14. Kilwin's on Main Street

Drive to Blowing Rock to buy some ice-cream at walk on Main Street.

15. Woodlands BBQ

You're going to miss the western NC BBQ if you move elsewhere, so go to Woodlands to get it before you leave.

16. Mile-High Bridge at Grandfather Mountain

Walk across the mile-high bridge one last time at Grandfather Mountain.

17. Howard's Knob

Drive up to see all of campus at Howard's Knob.

18. Hammock or Picnic on the Greenway

Grab a Publix sub and an ENO for a sunny afternoon on the Greenway.

19. Bagelicious from Boone Bagelry

You know you want to get it overstuffed.

20. The Rock

Take some pictures at the Rock and on the football field to remember football Saturdays.

There are so many more things to do in Boone, but these are just a few suggestions not to miss out in your last couple weeks as a senior. Enjoy every minute you have left, and take advantage of an afternoon study break to really take it all in. Congrats, Seniors