Top 20 John Green Quotes Everyone Needs to Hear

Relatable, beautiful and honest.
70

John Green is only truly recognized for his incredible young adult books like "The Fault in Our Stars" and "Paper Towns." But why is he recognized for these books? It is because John Green has a way with delicate and powerful words that pertain to everyone's lives and provides wisdom that we all need to hear. These just are the top selections of his magical words, and if you read closely enough, we can relate to each and every one of them.

1. “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”

2. “What a slut time is. She screws everybody.”

3. “You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.”

4. “What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?”

5. “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

6. “Grief does not change you. It reveals you.”

7. "So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane."
8. “That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they're pretty. It's like picking your breakfast cereals based on color instead of taste.”

9. “I'm not saying that everything is survivable. Just that everything except the last thing is.”

10. “They love their hair because they're not smart enough to love something more interesting.”

11. “If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.”

12. “Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters.”

13. “You don't remember what happened. What you remember becomes what happened.”

14. “At some point, you just pull off the Band-Aid, and it hurts, but then it's over and you're relieved.”

15. “You like someone who can't like you back because unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot.”

16. “I figured something out. The future is unpredictable.”

17. “We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken.”

18. “What matters to you defines your mattering.”

19. “The marks humans leave are too often scars.”

20. “Thomas Edison's last words were, "It's very beautiful over there." I don't know where there is, but I believe its somewhere, and I hope its beautiful.”

What matters is not John Green's words, but the meaning they carry. We can see ourselves hidden between the semicolons and new hard-cover novel smells of his novels, and that's what makes him such an incredible writer. Though he is categorized as a writer of fiction, I disagree. Green writes the truth, no matter how honest or beautifully ugly it might seem.