20 GIFs That Explain Going Home for Spring Break

24

You wake up at 11:30am, walk downstairs to your kitchen, grab breakfast, then walk right back up to bed. Your days consist of eating, sleeping, and watching TV. If you're fortunate enough, your mom or dad will cook you meals and do your laundry. Your only requirement is to not act like an ungrateful child and make an effort to talk to your family members. Sounds like the life right? So my question is who would decide to go spend large sums of money to get plastered every night while being as burnt as a lobster? Hard pass.

Maybe I just have this view because I'm a broke college student, but I am sticking with my theory that the best place to spend spring break is at home. Preferably curled up in my bed with something on Netflix. Don't judge me for my laziness, you're probably reading this article doing the exact same thing. Many of you are skipping that tropical vacation with your friends, and traveling home for Spring Break. While your journey may not be filled with scandalous stories it is filled with good memories, love, and a lot of food.

Here are some things you may experience when you head home. Or at least some things you expect to happen. I mean, come on, your family HAS to give you the royal treatment right?

1. You expect your family to roll out the red carpet for your arrival.

2. But they really don't care...

3. The kitchen is considered off limits.

4. Because your parents think you gained weight.

5.When the wifi connects automatically.

6. You finally get to get the home squad back together.

7. Couch is bae.

8. You get to eat junk food because you're technically on vacation.

9. No homework.

10. Running into people from high school that you actually liked.

11. Running into people from high school that you didn't actually like.

12. Being around your pets.

13. Your family wants to spend time with you...

14. You miss the idiots you live with at school.

15. Your extended family starts grilling you about school.

16. Bed is bae.

17. You start drinking during the day because you're bored.

18. Someone else is doing your laundry.

19. Sweatpants all the time.

20. You go back to school and appreciate college more.