20 Fights With Yourself That Everyone Can Relate With

I can never win.

8
hero.wikia

I don't know about you, but I fight with myself on a daily basis.

It is like there are two voices in my head, one good and one bad, that constantly fight with each other. It feels like it looks something like this:

Mostly about the choices in my life, most of which are unimportant. As a young adult, they have to do with boys, diet, lifestyle choices, and stuff like that.

Sometimes, however, they have to do with very important choices, like what career to choose or when to move out.

I catch myself fighting these battles every day and it actually makes me laugh. Only because I know that 99 percent of the time, I am going to lose those battles. For example:

Health

1. You really need to start eating better v. It's totally okay to eat a second dinner

2. You need to get a gym membership v. You've been pulling guys with the same body for years

3. Tanning can cause cancer you should stop v. But... tanning is life

4. You are what you eat girl v. I'm still alive, aren't I?

Money

5. It's important to save your money v. *Donna Meagle voice* "TREAT YO' SELF"

6. *Runs a $30 tab at the bar* v. "Oh, I should only put $5 in my gas tank to save"

7. Comes up with a savings plan and budget v. Lives off $2.64 until next paycheck

Social Life

8. You need to chill, you have been being too crazy lately v. F*ck it, you only live once right?

9. You should go hang out with your friends v. But, my bed is so comfy!!!

10. Get outside more! v. Yes, Netflix, I am still watching

11. I am only having one drink tonight v. *three hours later*

12. I'm going to focus on me right now v. *cute person talks to me*

13. I am officially done with them v. *Says hi to me* *forgets everything*

14. *To my friends* "You deserve better, don't let them treat you like that" v. *ignores own advice*

15. Realizes that I always go for people who I know will treat me wrong and need to change my ways v. Goes for the same kind of people

16. I don't want to be in a relationship v. It'd be nice to have someone to cuddle with right now*

17. *Gets in a new relationship* Don't act crazy!!! v. *Acts crazy*

Every Day Life

18. You are always on your phone v. *refreshes Snapchat for the fifth time*

19. You should donate some clothes you wear the same ten things anyways v. *looks at shirt from 2011* "But, maybe I can wear it for Halloween or something"

20. Stop making impulsive decisions you always regret it v. *instantly makes an impulsive decision* "Crap."

This is a rather short list of internal struggles I have with myself daily, but they are easily the most frequent ones.

It's humorous to me how we know that some of the decisions we are making are not the best ones, yet we make them regardless.

Is it because we are masters of self-destruction? Creatures of habit? Or do we just like to live life on the edge?

When will we ever learn?