20 Of The Most Beautiful Places In Pennsylvania

Prepare to have Pennsylvania make your jaw drop.

16430
Twisted Sifter

Still wondering what to do in Pennsylvania? Here's 20 possible places to visit that will blow your mind with the thought "Beautiful":

1. Bake Oven Knob

A lookout along the Kittatiny Ridge in Lehigh County. It offers a divine view of the surrounding countryside.

2. Lake Erie

The tenth largest lake in the world and the only Great Lake to border Pennsylvania.

3. Boathouse Row

Lying along the Schulykill river in Philadelphia, this area is best at night when the mansions are illuminated by strings of white lights. The Boathouses, fifteen in number, are historic landmarks and national meeting places for rowers.

4. Valley Forge

The American Continental Army spent a brutal winter at Valley Forge during the Revolutionary War, but today it is host to historic landmarks and many acres of pristine fields.

5. Mount Washington

This view is at the top of the incline which is a famous landmark in Pennsylvania's second largest city, Pittsburgh.

6. Lehigh Gorge State Park

Home to Glen Onoko Falls, the magnificent waterfall system located about an hour and a half outside of Philly.

7. Pine Creek Gorge

Sometimes called the Grand Canyon of PA, it's hard not to understand why.

8. The Boulder Field

Located at Hickory Run State Park is a national nature landmark that was created during the last ice age. The field consists of huge boulders.

9. Ohiopyle State Park

Near Pittsburgh, Ohiopyle offers visitors miles of rapids for kayaking or rafting.

10. Kinzua Bridge

Used to be a railway trestle. Now abandoned, it has collapsed, and no one has bothered to fix it. It rests starkly against the surrounding landscape.

11. The Covered Bridges

Located in many places in PA.

12. Cherry Springs State Park

This place offers the darkest skies on this side of the Mississippi-- some even argue that there is less light pollution here than anywhere else in the country. Either way, it makes for excellent stargazing.

13. Philly

At night, Philly is quite the sight.

14. The Farmland

Located just about anywhere there isn't a city.

15. Gettysburg National Military Park

Which honors the soldiers who fought in the Battle of Gettysburg during the Civil War. The expanse of candles lit in memory will send chills down your spine.

16. Bethlehem (Steel Stacks)

Once home to Bethlehem Steel, which produced much of the steel used throughout the country. The company has since shut down, but the abandoned steel stacks remain a landmark of Eastern Pennsylvania.

17. Jacobsburg State Park

Near Allentown, it holds the mysteries of the forest. Dense foliage, babbling brooks, and wildlife that rustles through the leaves wait for you here.

18. The Poconos

Which attracts more tourists than perhaps any other outdoors destination in Pennsylvania, for their extensive hiking trails and their ski slopes.

19. Beltzville Lake

Is a popular fishing and boating destination, as well as a beautiful place to go camping.

20. Bushkill Falls

Also known as the Niagara of Pennsylvania, is a series of eight waterfalls in Eastern Pennsylvania.

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/pennsylvania/jawdro...