20 Things By 21

20 Things By 21

8. Master My Espresso Machine

696
20 Things By 21
Mady Gasper

I just recently had my 20th birthday. After thinking about how I wanted to spend my second decade of life, I thought about 20 things I could (and want) to complete by 21. I do have a bucket list, but that's more for larger things I'd like to complete over the course of my lifetime. The activities I'd like to do before age 21 are more small, and adjustable.

20. Get At Least A 'B' In All Classes

School hasn't always been one of my top priorities until this year. I really want to do well, prove my worth to myself, and succeed in all of my work.

19. Travel Up North

Living "Up North" from a lot of towns is great, and we do have a lot to offer compared to the southern cities, but I'd love to make it up near Grand Marais or Lutsen by 21. Maybe even Canada!

18. "Up" My Savings

Money, money. That's always been an issue with me, and I want to stop that while I'm young so I have better habits as I grow older. I'd like to have a nice chunk in savings so I don't have to work as much next school year - I'm going to be even busier!

17. Pay Off My Car

My first "big-girl" decision was taking out a loan on my little Corolla. I love her so, and can't wait until she's fully mine!

16. Sew My First Pillowcase

Sewing hasn't been my strong suit in the past, but I really want to start creating my own swing dance dresses. I have to start somewhere, right?

15. Get A North Face Coat

This is a little cliche, but I'd love to have a North Face jacket. They're so warm, and comfortable. Especially that I live in the Tundra on MN, I believe I need a warmer coat. Plus NF is SO cute.

14. Get A New Camera Lens

I've been a photographer for many years now, and I'd like to treat myself with a new lens. It's time for an upgrade!

13. Run A 5K

Every year I run a Thanksgiving 5K with my S.O.'s family, but I want to add another one on to my annual run. Keeps me in shape, and I get to say, "yeah I ran that!"

12. Travel To A New State

Traveling is something I'll always hold close to my heart. There are so many things to see in this world, and I want to see everything God will allow. I'm hoping to go somewhere near the Ocean, that'll be new to me!

11. Try Making My Own Candle

This could go so very, very wrong. It might end up being one of those "It seemed like a good idea at the time.." type of situation.

10. Canoe Or Kayak In the Apostle Islands

Have you seen a picture or video of that place? AND it's really not that far from home... so that's an automatic "YES".

9. Get Another Tattoo

My baby siblings are my life, and I want a tattoo representing them. But I also love coffee, and many other things..The 'they' people were right when they said "Once you get one tattoo, you'll never stop."

8. Master My Espresso Machine

As stated above, coffee is my LIFE. I love, love, LOVE it. So I need to master my espresso machine so my wallet stops hating me. Will I ever be able to re-create the Chia-Der I get from 'bou? Probably not, but I'll try.

7. Do More Yoga

Flexibility is important while working out, and I want to master some headstands. They look so cool!

6. Learn How To Lindy-Hop

Swing Dance is a time-consuming hobby of mine, and Lindy is the next step I want to take. I'd love to get a partner in on this so we can look amazing out on that dance floor. Ideally, I'll be spun so fast that my ribbon falls out of my hair.

5. Put All Of My 2017 Pictures In An Album

I'm a sucker for physical photos. Facebook albums are OK, but to me they don't mean as much as flipping through old photos, reminiscing. Plus, then those photos that are printed are saved forever.

4. Teach A Hip Hop Class

This might be happening in the next few months, and I cannot wait! Hip-Hop is my second favorite dance to perform, and teach.

3. Enjoy the Joy of Being Underage

After 21, the next "big" thing I can look forward to in life is being able to rent a car at 25.......la-dee-fricken-da. I'm going to embrace the suck of not being able to go out with my friends a little bit longer because from 21 on out, I'll be able to spend as much time at a bar that I want.

2. Buy A New Bedspread

I'd love to have a big girl bedspread. I love the comforter I have now, and it matches my style quite well, but there is something about getting a new fancy bedspread. It's a small step that makes your whole room look different. It represents a small step in becoming more of an adult, and comfortable where you're living.

1. Become Fluent In ASL

ASL has my heart in so many ways. I cannot wait to be able to go out and fluently speak with the Deaf community. I can already hold many different conversations, but when I know I can comfortably ask any question, answer any question, and everything in-between my life will be basically complete.

20 things that I'd love to complete by 21 is just a small step in working towards a better me. I hope I inspired you to think of a few things you'd like to get done in your year of life.