1. Be elusive.
Make him know that a first date won't come easily (or any subsequent dates for that matter).
2. Dress to kill.
Whether you are dating for one week or one year, let him know the world is your runway.
3. In the beginning (and perhaps throughout), always leave him wanting more.
Guys stay for the chase, don't doubt it.
4. On one of the first (cheaper) dates, pay for it.
This lets him know you can certainly "wear the pants" and assert your femininity.
5. When in the crossroads of picking between your girlfriends and your guy...
Always pick your girlfriends. Your friends were there before him and will be there after him.
6. If you're out to eat, don't pick at your food to give the impression that you, a beautiful woman, do not eat.
That's lame, eat the damn pizza.
7. Never put all of your proverbial eggs in one basket when casually dating.
If one guy lets you down, have plans B,C,D etc. on deck.
8. When he compliments you, own it.
Don't blush and say "oh, no!", you're pretty as hell and should know it too.
9. ...And in terms of compliments, it is always important to know that compliments on your appearance are far less valuable than compliments regarding your true self.
"Beautiful" is lazy, tell him to tell you that you're pretty smart, pretty funny, and pretty remarkable.
10. If you ever feel inclined to use the words "I love you" (strung together in that order), make sure you mean it with your entire mind, body and soul.
Those words have power, put them into the universe wisely.
11. Don't always be available.
Whether by text, phone or in person, you have a busy schedule and a busy life, he can wait.
12. Prioritize yourself first above all else.
Your world should revolve around you no matter how much you like him.
13. You simply can't change a person, no matter how hard you try.
When he reveals his true colors, don't be blind.
14.If he doesn't treat you right, leave him.
I get it, you're the nice guy, but third, fourth and fifth chances are nonsense.
15. Forever is a hell of a long time.
If he promises you it, don't believe him until you see it.
16. If he cheats on you, it was never a problem with you, it happened because of his own insecurities and inner weakness.
Oh! I almost forgot. Leave him, too.
17. But, in the rare case that it is true love (which I hope it really is), after he has proven UNDYING loyalty to you, let yourself fall into beautiful, crazy, insane love. Be sappy, be cheesy, be all kinds of head over heels.
Too many things in life are half-assed, don't let love be one of them.
18. And, if it all ends in flames, like it sadly does sometimes, please, please, PLEASE have the courage to pick up the pieces and heal yourself.
He can't fix what he broke, you have to save yourself.
Finally, don't be afraid to fall madly in love again, don't let him have that victory.
19. & Remember, you're young.
Have fun and honestly, stay single for as long as possible.
You won't regret falling in love with yourself first.