19 Quotes you need to hear at 19

19 Quotes you need to hear at 19

Read them, and then re-read them.

62
19 Quotes you need to hear at 19
Roses de Wargemont, 1882, Pierre-Auguste Renoir

If, you've met me, you know that for a short period of time my 'happy' world stopped turning and I was falling head first into the dark abyss that was in my head.

I was hurting, and a certain boy took pieces of me and never gave them back. A 'friend' took more pieces, broke them more and left. People whom I thought I could trust shattered me more and moved on. But, over time, those pieces were taped and glued back into place. I learned a lot about what was and what isn't important in life, and with the help of some ~extraordinary~ quotes I found away of of the abyss.

“Perfection never exists in reality, but only in our dreams.” --Rudolf Dreikurs

You will never be perfect, but you will be the best you that you can be.

“You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming” .-- Pablo Neruda

You will always come back stronger and better.

“Sometimes things come out of your mouth that you regret later on. Or no, not regret. You say something so razor-sharp that the person you say it to carries it around with them for the rest of their life.” --Herman Koch, The dinner

The lesson here: use your words carefully and apologize when you speak with hate.

“No one forgets the truth. They just get better at lying.” --Revolutionary Road

Speak the truth, and their will never be a reason to lie.

“What’s most important in a friendship? Tolerance and Loyalty.” --J.K Rowling

Be loyal, support your friends even when you don't agree with what they are doing. Have their back and pick up the pieces if needed.

“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.” --Dream Hampton

Don't waste time on those who don't want to be there for you.

“Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you.” --Frank Ocean

Keep moving forward. Always.

“Everything that’s happening to you, is what’s supposed to be happening to you. So just relax.” --Chris Martin

Live with trust in that what is meant to happen will happen.

“Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn’t happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” --Elizabeth Scott, Perfect You

Place your faith in the good, and let go of the bad.

“On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it.” --Jules Renard

Enjoy the little things.

“Don’t look for love. Look for HAPPINESS, and love will be there.” --Charles Orlando

Be happy and let the good things come to you.

“Don’t settle. Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path, get off it.” --Chris Brogan

Never hold off being extraordinary when you can skip the crap and be anything but ordinary.

“It eventually gets better, without any sort of explanation; you just wake up one morning and you’re not as upset anymore.” --Sabrina, Tumblr blog maisjetaime

Taking each day by day allows you to move on to the next.

“The truth is, bad things don’t affect us as profoundly as we expect them to. That’s true of good things, too. We adapt very quickly to either.” --Daniel Gilbert

Only focus on the good.

“She’s lost a little battle here today, but it’s a minor battle in a big war that she’s been winning and that she’ll go on winning.” --Ken Kesey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest

Keep the bigger picture in mind.

“Anger is just a cowardly extension of sadness. It’s a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you’re hurt.” --Tom Gates

Speak up when your hurt, and ask for help.

“Some people come into your life just to teach you how to let go.” -- Reyna Biddy

Learn form them.

“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” -- Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet

Appreciate.

"In time, you'll stop downing on your own tears." --Ana Olson

You'll stop hurting one day, and then stop crying and begin to heal.