Thank You 1-800-FLOWERS For Delivering Rotten Flowers To My Grandmother, You Really Made Her Mother’s Day Special

1-800-FLOWERS needs to sort out their priorities.

21
Photo by Robin R.

Everyone wants to do something nice for their mom or grandparent on Mother's Day. It is something that we all try to do for the special ladies in our lives. My mom ordered flowers for my grandmother for Mother's Day from us to be delivered to her house. We live in Texas and they live on the East Coast, so just buying a gift and handing it to her is out of the question.

1-800-FLOWERS has been around for a while now and people swear by them for the best and freshest flowers for delivery, but this time, 1-800-FLOWERS screwed up. We ordered the flowers on May 2, 2020, with GUARANTEED delivery for May 5, 2020.

The flowers were not delivered on time. The kicker to this story is that when my mom called to find out why they hadn't been delivered FedEx told her it wasn't their problem and got rude. She was eventually hung up on. When I called and requested a manager (yes, I was Karen for a moment) the lady said she would contact that FedEx location, find out why they were still on the truck, and call back. We are still waiting on that call.

These flowers sat in a hot stinky FedEx truck for two days rotting and were wilted by the time she got them. After seeing their condition, a call directly to 1-800-FLOWERS got us a refund… of $5.10! Really? When fresh flowers are not cheap, to begin with, you get stingy and can't even offer a full refund?

Both 1-800-FLOWERS and FedEx tried to blame COVID-19 for this catastrophe, but honestly, the virus has nothing to do with it. If you know delivery times are off because of the pandemic, don't guarantee a delivery date! Hopefully, 1-800-FLOWERS can sort out their issues, but we won't be using them ever again. They ruined Mother's Day for someone we love and that is unacceptable.