Going to the Masters is somewhat of a religious experience, where egg salad sandwiches are the body and sweet tea is the blood. To Augustans, it's a holiday equivalent to Christmas and Easter festivities. Here are 18 thoughts from the perspective an original hill kid:
1. When you tell people from Augusta, they immediately ask "Have you gone to the Masters?"
2. But secretly, we are extremely proud of that fact.
3. Because for one week out of the year we reserve the right to think we're just a little bit better than everyone else...
4. When I was little I thought every town had an Augusta National.
5. I mean is there really a better reason for spring break?
6. If you're renting, you may not eat, walk, or breath in your house at least two weeks prior.
7. In high school, I worked there. Never. Again.
8. When you're not from Augusta, having a badge is like...
9. When you are from Augusta, having a badge is like...
10. But we actually get more excited than anyone else. It is seriously the most wonderful time of the year.
11. Because $3 has never gone so far.
12. And you might just meet your future husband.
13. I mean has there every really ever been a better time to darty?
14. After all, everything tastes better in a Masters' cup.
15. So put on your drinking shoes...tennis shoes and dress are totally acceptable ladies.
16. AND plenty of sunscreen. Trust me.
17. And put your damn cell phone away. Seriously, they don't play.
18. Relax and celebrate, It's the best week of the year! AMEN... Amen Corner, that is.